Vallejo conversion table

tomstockton

Tom Stockton
Gentlemen,

It didn't come up in my searches, or in some "mucking around" looking for one... But has anyone come up with a conversion table for Floquil and/or Polly Scale and/or Model Masters and/or whatever colors you've been using in the past to the Vallejo paint range. Vallejo seems to be "all the rage" at the local hobby shop, and knowing what colors would match "aged concrete" or "weathered black", etc. would be of great help to some of us.

I know Scalecoat and Tru-Color have the "old" colors -- but I don't want to go with another solvent-based paint -- I want to stick to acrylic colors that clean up with soap and water.

In advance, thanks for any help you can give me on this subject.

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Willie,

Yes, that's a start in the right direction. I tried to bookmark the page, and found I already had it bookmarked <facepalm>...

What I'm really hoping to find is a chart where all the Floquil colors are translated into Vallejo colors. Now, I'm not getting rid of the paints I already have... but all of my Floquils dried up several years ago. And I know it's only a matter of time until my Polly S, etc., suffer the same fate. I could probably "eyeball" colors -- but if someone has been kind enough to do the work, I'd gladly appreciate it.

Thanks for your reply!

Regards,
Tom

Here's a couple I use.

Attachments

• Vallejo Conversion Chart.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 852
  • Model Paint Conversion Chart.pdf
    342.9 KB · Views: 632
Olie,

Very nice! The Vallejo chart is especially well detailed, although one has to have the number values of both paints being compared. And I like the "color chips" on the Model Paint (Humbrol/Revell) chart, though I have to realize that nearly any "color chip" comparison is somewhat subjective, due to color capture method and reproduction accuracy. Still, nice charts -- thank you very much!

Not holding my breath, but still hoping for a one-to-one list of Floquil and Vallejo...

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Jeff,

Thanks for the MRH comparison chart -- that might be exactly what I'm looking for. I will have to take a bit of time going through it, since it seems to be pretty detailed.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Thanks for the MRH comparison chart -- that might be exactly what I'm looking for.
The chart that begins on page 14 lists Floquil - Polly Scale colors in the first column and the Vallejo equivalent in the fourth column.

That's what you need, correct?

- Jeff

This might help as well. Chapter 2

Attachments

• MRH-Acrylic-painting-guide-post-Floquil-Portrait.pdf
    6.9 MB · Views: 966

Back