UP PA-1's

I just picked up an A-B-B-A set of Atheren UP PA-1's to go with my streamliner set I've had for years (1930's set from Rivarossi). I've been trying to find some in-service pictures of these locomotives for the past few days with no luck. Does anyone know what these engines should have looked like? Both were modified by the previous owner/s? One has extra decals on the nose and the other has had a snow plow added. Not sure what's right for these engines.

Thanks

images

This one was an expirement in coal-burning-turbine-powered-electric:
up80.jpg

This is a larger pics then my previous post..

UP_1501.jpg

But as you know, that's not a PA1 that you posted, they're FAs.

The only pics I've found of a UP PA1 is the one converted to control the coal turbine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course. However I think the paint scheme etc.. was an important attribute to mentionned - post -

I just picked up an A-B-B-A set of Atheren UP PA-1's to go with my streamliner set I've had for years (1930's set from Rivarossi). I've been trying to find some in-service pictures of these locomotives for the past few days with no luck. Does anyone know what these engines should have looked like? Both were modified by the previous owner/s? One has extra decals on the nose and the other has had a snow plow added. Not sure what's right for these engines.

Thanks
Are you asking specifically about paint and lettering? The paint and lettering on the PA's was very similar to the FA's. The lettering on the coal turbine was unique to that unit. I can't recall ever seeing a picture of a PA with a snowplow. Not saying it's impossible, just can't recall seeing one. To me, a snowplow would ruin what many considered to be the prettiest passenger loco made.

Back