UP Cascade Subdivision Update

B_Kosanda

I know it's been a while since I posted photos from my layout. Well, I've been busy and the layout has not been very presentable, with tools all around and masking tape on the tracks, etc.

I have scenery basics down in most places now, but I still need to add many, many details. But that will come with time. I've been working on this version of the UP Cascade Sub for about 8 months now.

Here are some photos of progress on the update. Note there is no ballast in place in the areas where the track is on the masonite spline. These areas are more prone to having derailments and I'm still in the process of tweeking the track work to get it perfect.

There are lots more pictures on my web site, if you'd care to look. I'll keep updating and posting photos as I get more time to take better ones.

Bill

Looking good, Bill. I've been a fan of your work since I first saw the pics of you old layout. This one promises to be even better. You're proof positive that a stellar, well sceniked model railroad doesn't have to take forever to build. In summary, I LIKE IT and look forward to seeing more. :cool:

Great shots Bill! I love the spine roadbed you use, but I think I'm going to modify it, by adding the Woodland Scenics foam roadbed, to add that soft cushioning layer. Looking good though, can't wait to see more.

Great work! Always enjoy seeing single-track "country" main line scenes. But that truss bridge over the river is my favorite of the group.

Looking _very_ nice there. Maybe that (and the lousy weather today) are the inspiration I need to get back to work on my layout.

Bill, your layout looks great! Very nice balance of track to scenery. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Todd Templeton

The solution of the "spline roadbed is brilliant!:eek: I do not think this way of laying track is not common in Europe...asspecialy for laying wide curves:)
Working like this looks to me much easier (no more jig- sawing)
I'll remember this "TIP" for my layout in the FUTURE:( :( :( Thank's Bill!
"Surfing":D in this forum is still fun/entertainment:)

You guys are always so kind. I'm really going to try to improve my photographs this winter when the layout gets more detailing completed.

thanks again,
Bill

Back