Unlocking the Proto 1000 DL109 Trucks

beiland

I have a number of these HO DL109 engines and have never taken the trucks apart to inspect them for gear lubricant, nor electrical contacts.
Can someone tell me how to gain access without over stressing any of the plastic covers, snaps, etc. ??

I finally got the bottom 'panel' off by a combination of simultaneous actions,...seems as though the 'clamping ends' of that bottom panel need to pulled out of the sideframes , then lifted up while prying the sideframes out from the body.

Here are some photos,..
DSCF8772.jpgDSCF8773.jpgDSCF8774.jpgDSCF8778.jpgDSCF8779.jpg

I did not notice excessive lubrication in there.

I do believe it would probably be a good idea to solder those connecting wires on the metal plates,

And I think it might be a good idea to run a pencil around in each of those axle holes to apply a little carbon?

And I imagine you can't get replacement parts? I certainly did NOT want to break anything,...the reason for this posting.

And I imagine you can't get replacement parts? I certainly did NOT want to break anything,...the reason for this posting.
Yes, that was one of the first things I noticed when Walther's took over the line. From LifeLike spare parts were never an issue. Send a note with part numbers and the parts would appear a week or so later. But when Walthers took over, no spare parts. When I called them, they said, "Yes", they got literally tons of them from LifeLike but "didn't have the personnel" to get them all sorted out and available to customers.

Back