Unique, kitbashed, scratchbuilt or just plain cool buildings you have seen or have!!!

Guilfordguy

Share pictures or talk about unique, kitbashed, scratchbuilt or just super awesome or cool buildings you have seen or have on your layout or someone else's layout.

Here's one of a burnt down garage. (R. Nixon Used Cars Sign was on there when I bought it, thought id keep it, No political opinion:D)
IMG_9255.jpgIMG_9262.jpgIMG_9264.jpgIMG_9274.jpg

I have a few. I love to scratchbuild, especially when you need a certain kind of structure to fit into a given space and none of the kits on the market fill the billHere are a few.

Picture%20293[2].jpg

This one is built from Evergreen styrene products. I usually like wood, but figured I would try something different.

The next is a little cafe. Most of it was build from pieces of scrap wood in my wood collection. All of the windows were scratch built. Of course there were a few metal castings used for items such ad the pot belly stove, phone, radio and cash register. The stools are small nail heads.

Picture%2520303[1][1].jpgPicture%2520304[1][1].jpg

The next is a freight station. I need a little larger freight station than I could find on the market at the time, so I build one entirely from wood. It does have a lit interior.

IMAG0010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the firemen had trouble with the hydrant by the car yard gate, couldn't turn the water on in time to save that end.

This building is very simple, made from cardboard (cereal boxes), but captures some of the small cafe/rooms to let establishments seen in small towns in Northern Minnesota:

emily inn.jpg

Wow, id think there all these were kits because there so nice especial the first & last one but no company could ever mach the detailed interior of your cafe. I don't currently have a layout but I am working toward one but for my small desk & display I cant agree anymore about scratchbuilding for small places, another building I am currently working on is my small barn fire station, No company makes a kit anything like it or that small, it fits anywhere I want it too.

Built these for my Miami River layout. Have since removed this layout to go to a narrower 18" width.

Larry

IMG_0044-2.jpg

Photo008.jpg

I've always been interested in an abandoned fertilizer plant in Bena, CA, just north of the Tehachapi grade. Here are two shots:

Bena_fertilizer_plant_from_northwest.jpg

Bena_fertilizer_plant_from_southwest.jpg

I discovered that the Campbell Frary Fertilizer plant is pretty close to a condensed version of this. I assembled it with some additions and changes to make it look a little more like the Bena plant, and will add some more pipes and tanks later.

East_Zenith_Station_Area_18.jpg

One of my buddies, Ken or Terry I think, did a nice job bashing together a Walthers (Cornerstone series) New River Coal Mine with the Flood Loading tower. He posted photos of it on some thread somewhere I had started about something else.
E

Unique, kitbashed, scratchbuilt or just plain cool buildings you have seen or...

Very good stuff, I wish N scale had as much selection as HO when it came to structures and buildings. I guess I need to start building my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A repost of one of my favorite projects. Real nice work everyone.

Attachments

• Oneida2.jpg
    Oneida2.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 285
  • Oneida3.jpg
    Oneida3.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 240
  • Oneida8.JPG
    Oneida8.JPG
    259.2 KB · Views: 238
  • Oneida9.jpg
    Oneida9.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 294
One of my buddies, Ken or Terry I think, did a nice job bashing together a Walthers (Cornerstone series) New River Coal Mine with the Flood Loading tower...
Eric that was me! :D [thanks for the "plug"]

coal_mine_rev1.jpg

I'm seeing many examples of Kalmbach-caliber work on this thread, keep 'em coming!

Back