Union Pacific - Cascade Subdivision

B_Kosanda

This is a copy of my track plan. The layout is 100% complete. That does not explain why I am always still working on it. It is equipped with a DCC system from Digitrax. This track plan does not show my latest expansion where I lengthened the center island by 6 feet to give me more room in the yard. I won't post any pictures here, but I have my best layout photos on my web site under (what else) Layout Photos.

Bill

Wow! That is awesome! I only hope I can do half as well as you, Bill, and I'd be totally pleased.

I like the potential for lots of scenery. BTW, are you sure your yard tracks are long enough ? Maybe I should mak a print of your plan ... What did you use to make the sketch ?

Good luck
Martin

Track Plan Update

That center island and the island on the right are now both extended 6 feet so all three extensions are the same length. I just never updated my track plan. The track plan was done with Atlas Right Track software and then brought into PaintShop Pro and the scenery added. It's just a lot of work and I never seem to find the time to adjust the plan.

I originally chose the Pengra (Willamette) Pass because I always liked the Cascades. Once I went there I was totally blown away by how cool it was. This is a helper district with lots of tunnels and bridges. What's not to like about that? I wish it had a little more traffic on it though.

Bill

Bill, just back from your web site, fantastic, excellent modeling. I was especially taken by the Photo " Salt Creek Trestle -2 " the water work there is supurb, very nice thanks for the insight to your little world :) take care

Cheers Willis

Wow Bill!! Dan never mentioned you had a layout, let alone a layout that was that awsome looking!! Wonderful job, I really like the photos. Looks like it's a fun layout to opperate.

I really like the section on weathering too, that is one of my favorite parts of model railroading, along with detailing and building locomotives.

Chris,
I mentioned your name to DanO, and he told me you were just a youngster at Interbay ;). Everybody's a young trouble-maker to him.

cheers,
Bill

B_Kosanda said:
Chris,
I mentioned your name to DanO, and he told me you were just a youngster at Interbay ;). Everybody's a young trouble-maker to him.

cheers,
Bill

Haha, but I am a trouble maker Bill! Just ask Dan about the sign in my avatar, as Dan put it, thats the trophy of my "initiation" to Interbay. :D

Chris

Hi Bill,
I have visited your layout website before. Great scenery! I remembered looking at all your pictures. You have a good variety of locomotives and cars! Keep up the good work.
Chris Moore

B_Kosanda said:
This is a copy of my track plan. The layout is 100% complete. That does not explain why I am always still working on it. It is equipped with a DCC system from Digitrax. This track plan does not show my latest expansion where I lengthened the center island by 6 feet to give me more room in the yard. I won't post any pictures here, but I have my best layout photos on my web site under (what else) Layout Photos.

Bill

Bill, I had overlooked this post until today. What a cool looking layout! I like the trackplan and am particularly interested in it. It's almost the exact size of the layout we're considering down the road a bit. Your RR would fit our basement perfectly! Is there anything you'd change about the track plan? It looks great but I know sometimes there's things that we all would do a bit differently after operating a while on a trackplan. I'm very interested to hear your comments.

Bill, are there any patched Grande units running around on the Cascade Sub? :D I meant to ask you that in my previous post.

Cool, Bill, very cool. I model the SP on the Siskiyou Line ... just a bit south of the area you model, and about 20 years before.

Nice to see more Oregon modeling -- and nicely done at that!

(Miss the gray and scarlet, though. :( )

Nice work, Bill--I used to travel the Cascade line from Sacramento to Portland every Christmas holiday for about 6 years, both your model RR and the photo gallery bring back fond memories of a truly spectacular piece of railroading. You've captured the 'feel' of Willamette Pass really well on your railroad. I really like it.
Tom

Bill, the arrangement of your benchwork remind me a lot of mine, which is in a 15x21 foot area..
53210154.jpg

I'm still trying to come up with a final trackplan, the one above is just one of many tries. Could you list the sizes of your benches, length and width please?
Jarrell

Back