Under The Bed Railroad

C

Carlos Perea

I placed my trainset underneath my bed, due to space constraints. Here are the first few photos:

FEC 1035 resting after a long day of work:

13.JPG

FEC 1031 just behind FEC 1035:

14.JPG

A partial view of the station platform and two passenger cars:

15.JPG

A view of Florida East Coast 48-Seat Coach Hollywood:

16.JPG

Both locomotives seen from the station entrance:

17.JPG

Detail view of Florida East Coast Diner Ft. Pierce:

18.JPG

Detail view of Florida East Coast 48-Seat Coach Hollywood:

19.JPG

Hope you enjoyed!

Here are some more:

View of the rear of Florida East Coast Observation Car Lake Okeechobee:

20.JPG

View of the station entrance and Florida East Coast Observation Car Lake Okeechobee:

21.JPG

Detail view of Florida East Coast 24-8 Slumbercoach Silver Slumber:

22.JPG

View of the NW 144th St. grade crossing:

23.JPG

Hope you enjoyed!

Hi Carlos, well I guess we all have some space constraints, just that some of us are mor constraint than others. Do tou have it on anything, like a sheet of plywood so you can haul it out when you want to run them? Keep the photos coming.
Cheers Willis

CB&CNSfan said:
Hi Carlos, well I guess we all have some space constraints, just that some of us are mor constraint than others. Do tou have it on anything, like a sheet of plywood so you can haul it out when you want to run them? Keep the photos coming.
Cheers Willis

Actually, I run it under the bed. :) It's pretty fun!

CB&CNSfan said:
Good grief :eek: just how much headroom do you have under the bed? ;)

Not much, but its fun to be laying down there with my cat rubbing against me.

Fortunately I have the controller at the side of the bed, so there's no need for me to crawl underneath the bed, but when I have to it's quite fun! :D

LOL, I keeep mine up high enough so I don't have to bend, if I didn't I might not be able to get up again :D However there is a good point to your system in that the rolling stock and locos don't have far to fall to the floor, whereas with mine if they fall !!!
Sosad-2.png

CB&CNSfan said:
LOL, I keeep mine up high enough so I don't have to bend, if I didn't I might not be able to get up again :D However there is a good point to your system in that the rolling stock and locos don't have far to fall to the floor, whereas with mine if they fall !!!
Sosad-2.png

Not to mention that there's some nice soft carpet and dead spider bodies for them to land on.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice soft carpet and dead spider bodies for them to land on
Well I have a nice soft carpet in the bedroom, but if the're any spiders down there they'll have to pick themselves up.
Seriously, in all the literature I've read, carpets are not a recommended sub roadbed for running model trains on, seems the drive train picks up fibers from the carpet and can build up around the motor and gears. It may be a good idea to have a little maintenance schedule of removing the body shell and cleaning any debris from the running gear.
Cheers Willis

Back