Unchecked Yahoo Mail

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
I hadn't checked my Yahoo Mail for about 3 months & thought I had logged out & before I did that I changed my settings on HO Yard Sales to not receive anymore mail. Well, none of that worked.
I had 24,685 emails & 99% were from HOYS.
Took me about 15 minutes to delete all of them.:eek::rolleyes::confused::cool:

I hadn't checked my Yahoo Mail for about 3 months & thought I had logged out & before I did that I changed my settings on HO Yard Sales to not receive anymore mail. Well, none of that worked.
I had 24,685 emails & 99% were from HOYS.
Took me about 15 minutes to delete all of them.:eek::rolleyes::confused::cool:

I've given up on HOYS. Too many ads at one time, without any way to move yours forward. The present set up gives you little to no chance of selling anything. The Yahoo format isn't the best for a "sale" site. I end up just deleting it all, just the same. Too much of a PITA to view 50+ ads at a clip.

You can also check your Yahoo Groups on their home pages. I belong to 20 or so groups, only check them out this way. I can skim the subjects, read those that interest me and move on to the next one.

On HOYardSale I just check out the messages on the home page, as I really don't have any need to buy new HO stuff. I mostly look to see if someone is looking for or offering something that I might have. But it's been discouraging, as I sometimes see brand new models that are out of production being offered for half or less of their new price. I'm not really interested in selling anything I have for half of what I paid for it.

I did have some successes selling off a few of my custom painted models, but always wondered if I'd priced them too low as they went pretty fast. At least I did get what I asked, not like eBay where something might sell for a low price if not many people discover the auction. Always a gamble!

You can go to
"My Yahoogroups", and change the message settings to "web only". Don't forget to click the "save" button.

I fianlly got singed into HOYS and found it wanting.
I finally decided it was not worth the time or effort.
SO I killed it.
Glad I did.
Just my opinion.

The problem occurs when we "have" to stay in touch with what is being posted. If we weren't so nosey this wouldn't happen.

I just get the daily lists in my email which seriously cuts down on garbage mail, but even they can be cumbersome to scan at times. So, I am thinking of stopping them and only going to HOYS when there is something specific I am looking for when I want or need it and doing a search of the site. Much less intrusive on one's email and far more direct service-wise.

Our "need-to-know" even when we don't need to know is the real self imposed evil.

Back