Uh-oh something is about to be blue...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

CambriaArea51

Nice project. Where do you find the Conrail blue, I'm out of it. It's the perfect color for painting the blue on the freight cars that have the blue roller bearings. I've been mixing a dark blue and white to get the tone I need.

rgeiter

Conrail
Nice project. Where do you find the Conrail blue, I'm out of it. It's the perfect color for painting the blue on the freight cars that have the blue roller bearings. I've been mixing a dark blue and white to get the tone I need.
A hobby shop near me still carries the Modelflex paints.

https://mainlinehobby.com/

I prefer the water based paints over the oils. No smell or messy clean-up. Over the years I’ve found that the Modelflex B&M blue is a way better color match of Conrail blue.
5EC8EABC-0F9F-40F7-B8D4-626425B53D33.jpeg

F9554B24-3B7C-459F-883A-BAB04040263A.jpeg

rgeiter

Conrail
Finally got my decals in the mail. Now I can continue. The loco number will be 6606. It was one of the last five that ran on Conrail in Conrail paint until 1995. I can’t recall ever seeing one at that time. I do have tons of pics of the C30-7a’s though. That’s another project for another time. Stay tuned.
C5CB19B0-038C-4C67-B4FA-7048BCDE4691.jpeg

Last edited:

rgeiter

Conrail
Didn’t have much time to work on the C30-7 this weekend. All I have to show is the cab. (not dull coated or weathered yet.)
0FEA59AB-4782-48EA-A4A2-2864BFB1D807.jpeg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.