T'was the week before Christmas

grumpybob

Lake Shore Lines
A couple of weeks ago, the crew came over for an operating session. Needless to say, the three way switch that is the focal point of the main yard and the cross over to the main decided to fall apart. :eek: :eek:

A laboured attempt to put the pivot rails back in place failed miserably which turned our operating session into a stronger than usual bull session. In many attempts to get the switich fixed during the previous week, nothing worked, so last weekend i went out and bought new switches, more track and homa-bed as you know you can't have a railroad not running for Christmas.:eek: :D

this past week has been spent ripping out switches, track, scrapping off scenery, re-laying new homa-bed switches and new track. Then wiring, replaceing scenery and ballast. Last nigh with the help of some of the crew, we finished the scenery part. Tonight I clean it up, vacumn up the loose cinders, and give it a run.

Maybe i will have my railroad back for Christmas after all. :D

grumpybob said:
... Last nigh with the help of some of the crew, we finished the scenery part...Maybe i will have my railroad back for Christmas after all.
Isn't it great to have friends close by who can help you out in a pinch, THAT'S what I call Chiristmas Spirit!;)

Back