Turtle Creek Central?

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
I just got some decals for Model Railroader's Turtle Creek Central, and I have a question.

Does any know what color they used to paint rolling stock? Microscale just tells you to pick, but I want it close to what MR used.

Ahhh, good idea!

Edit, I did the question for information desk, however, now that I think about it, it might have been better to use the workshop contact. We'll see how they reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the Turtle Creek Central on a DVD. So If all else fails, I should be able to tell you the color.
Chris

Use to be some videos on youtube of it but I can't find them now. I remember the loco being red and the coal cars black. MR had an artical on painting something for the Turtle Creek not long ago I'll see if I can dig it up.

Yeah, they had an article on painting a locomotive, never anything about rolling stock though.

Cool Joe, the train orders one was nice, looks like 2 people used yellow on their boxcars.

Official reply... Accurail's lighter cars are Oxide Red.

Joshua:

Accu-Paint Caboose Red is the color Jim Kelly used on the engine and caboose
in the series.

We later did a few other cars by adding decal lettering to dark red "Data
only" models from Accurail.

We never did many cars for the TCC, but some black hoppers would probably be
useful. The decal sheet is vague because we never developed an official
scheme for this shortline railroad.

Regards,

-- Jim Hediger, senior editor

sure wished i'd payed bit more attention at our swapmeet yesterday ,there was a Turtle creek freight car for sale ...whether it was a custom decorated car or not couldn't say but it was a rather attractive pale greyish green with white lettering....

Pale green you say? Hummm, logic would say thats a nice color for a railroad who's name starts with turtle!

Shortliner2001, I'm more concerned with the TCC, not the one you linked. TCC was a project railroad done by Model Railroader. I got the decals from Microscale.

Back