Turntable & Roundhouse diorama

Painting/weathering deck
image.jpg
image.jpg

This kit isn’t particularly made well but this is a static diorama so the bridge will not be motorized.
Seriously? It WON'T turn at all?

I think the work I've seen almost demands it does...so you will simply have to get it moving.

I'm never wrong about these things. <scowl> So get after it.

-----------

More seriously but also (hopefully too) there was a series of articles led by cartoons, way back in the day. In Model Railroader too, I kid you not. I'm sure I still have that issue, with no cover and flood worn somewhere.

It went something like "there's a wimple in your wobble," and the character in the (really well drawn) cartoon was a Japanese guy who was also interested in model railroading. The whole series had him as a part, in much the same way Bill Hume's post WWII books and cartoons did. Of other Japanese, men and women both.

The point of this particular article being "the turntable had issues that had to be dealt with." An alignment problem or two. It's not often appreciated that getting a good looking turntable working well in THREE dimensions is a lot more difficult that making a simple out-of-the-box Atlas turntable was working it just the two.

I'm pretty sure that whole series was killed off due to Mickey Rooney's portrayal of the Japanese man in..."The Seven Year Itch?" Or maybe even "Breakfast at Tiffany's."

In any case, the cartoons were well drawn, and it's shame they are now considered "not approved." I think this is true, because I can't find them.

But I still have that waterworn issue somewhere I'm sure too. :D

Last edited:
Seriously? It WON'T turn at all?

I think the work I've seen almost demands it does...so you will simply have to get it moving.

I'm never wrong about these things. <scowl> So get after it.

-----------

More seriously but also (hopefully too) there was a series of articles led by cartoons, way back in the day. In Model Railroader too, I kid you not. I'm sure I still have that issue, with no cover and flood worn somewhere.

It went something like "there's a wimple in your wobble," and the character in the (really well drawn) cartoon was a Japanese guy who was also interested in model railroading. The whole series had him as a part, in much the same way Bill Hume's post WWII books and cartoons did. Of other Japanese, men and women both.

The point of this particular article being "the turntable had issues that had to be dealt with." An alignment problem or two. It's not often appreciated that getting a good looking turntable working well in THREE dimensions is a lot more difficult that making a simple out-of-the-box Atlas turntable was working it just the two.

I'm pretty sure that whole series was killed off due to Mickey Rooney's portrayal of the Japanese man in..."The Seven Year Itch?" Or maybe even "Breakfast at Tiffany's."

In any case, the cartoons were well drawn, and it's shame they are now considered "not approved." I think this is true, because I can't find them.

But I still have that waterworn issue somewhere I'm sure too. :D
The turntable moves but I do not have the room to make a dedicated running model so for now it will be static

Back