turntable and making it work

WC3026

So right now I have the atlas TT on my layout it works great but its just too small. I at one time had a walthers 90' that i bought and the guy had it modified to a atlas TT to turn it but, have no idea what happened to it (I have the atlas TT that was with it but not the 90'
confused.gif
) . So what I am wondering is should I build it the way he did it or should I use the 90' and motor it with the drive unit.

I would like to do it without the atlas unit but want to have it on a rheostat. I dont have any idea how those work like will I be able to turn it left or right and it will follow the way I turn it?

Many folks have used the Atlas as a basis for some much better looking units - just search Google for ideas.

The Walther's 90' (and 130') are nicer units IMO. I have two 90' and three 130' (wanted to be sure to have spare parts). The early Walther's units were not DCC. I'm not even sure if the first units were motorized. There were kit versions and assembled but I don't know if they were otherwise the same. Walther's products change frequently. Walther's offered DCC conversion units for certain of the turntables but I think they are discontinued.

The short coming of the Atlas is the fixed positions where the turntable stops. The Walther's were/are programmable - takes a little more time but allows more freedom in using the unit on your layout.

I don't know what your budget is but Walther's still lists the newest DCC versions but they are not cheap. Ebay has a number of listings for other Walther's version - you might check them out.

Good luck!

Back