Tsunami 2 programing question

PMW

I've said many times on this forum that I'm a beginner and I have yet another question. Thank you for your anticipated patience :)

Until today I've never tried to get into programing cvs by adding the bit values within a given cv. I had some success and am happy.

I want the headlight, backup light and ditch lights to be enabled regardless of direction while switching. I found this could be accomplished by entering a value of 255 in cvs 57 and 58 (yup, I just tried turning everything on and seeing what happened). However I would like to change these cvs before heading out to the mainline to be directional as it came out of the box.

Does anyone know what bits (0-7) should be enabled, disabled within theses cvs to return to factory settings? I haven't guessed the right combination yet!

I tried to be clear in this post but if anyone needs clarification please ask and I'll try. These questions are hard to ask over the internet :)

Thanks
Paul

Much to my surprise I figured it out! Once I realized that each bit is responsible for some lighting function I went through cv 57 (lights enabled /disabled in fwd.) and cv 58 (lights enabled / disabled in rev.) and entered only the value of one bit at a time and could see what light was effected.

If anyone else is interested in having headlight, backup light, number board lights as well as front and rear ditch lights on regardless of direction when in the yard or switching an industry (like the prototype as far as I can tell from personal experience) here's what I've learned:

In the yard / switching set cvs 57 and 58 to a value of 255
On the mainline set cv 57 to a value of 201 and cv 58 to a value of 58.

This works for the Tsunami 2 decoder in my ho scale Athearn SD60E.

I have asked for a lot of help since joining this forum and you guys have been great! I hope I was able to contribute something to help someone else!

Thanks for reading
Paul

Back