True Line Trains MP36/MP40

mlrr

Hello Everyone,

I've been tracking the status of True Line Trains' upcoming MP36/MP40 release. As most may know, the GO Transit MP40 hit the market last December. Last I heard the MP36s are currently on the assembly line right now! They're supposed to be available in all US commuter railroad names.

This is great news considering the announcement was made in 2008. My understanding is that the prototype's manufacturer was heavily involved in the models' development and thus contributed to the product's delay (well worth it of course). They were very meticulous about getting the model right.

True Line Train's MP36/MP40 page was recently updated and they have images showing the different variants by road name which will be incorporated on their HO locomotives (sweet!)

They also announced that they're doing a special run for Engine #401 "Oliver Tibbles" which includes a static model. Some may know that the prototype locomotive was named after a 7 year old boy who lost his battle with cancer and his dying wish was to be a train. METRA responded in kind by making #401 his namesake. A portion of the profits will go towards cancer research. I already had this one on reservation.

I believe anyone who had doubts about whether or not we HO folks will see an MP36 can put their fears to rest :)

Here's the info: http://www.truelinetrains.ca/locomotives/ho---mp36-3c-3s-mp-40

Last edited by a moderator:

Back