Truck/Coupler help.

Tasco26

Defendin Freedom Since 99
I finally got some of my rolling stock today in the mail. The pictures I saw were not that good of quality but that's what you get when they are EBAY pics. So when they arrived, I took them out and noticed they all have the horn hook style couplers. They are replaceable but I don't know with what. Some advice is needed.

Without knowing exactly what rolling stock you have it's hard to say what couplers you'll need. Generally Kadee #5's or 148's work for most rolling stock. Check out their web-page for conversion guides and tips. www.kadee.com

Thanks for the link. I should have thought about the kadee website. I think I found what I need to fix everything. Now I wish I had the cash to fix everything.

If they aren't special projects (truck mounted couplers) or the like, then buy bulk. It's less expensive to by the 25pr pack of #5s or #14s than to buy them two pair at a time.

It's also less expensive to buy Walthers ProtoMAX couplers in bulk than Kadee #5s in bulk. The ProtoMAX are an all-metal Kadee #5 clone. They are virtually identical.

It's also less expensive to buy Walthers ProtoMAX couplers in bulk than Kadee #5s in bulk. The ProtoMAX are an all-metal Kadee #5 clone. They are virtually identical.

Except in my experience the knuckles somtimes bind up and they don't close as well as KDs. I only have 6 cars with ProtoMax couplers though, maybe I got some bad ones.

Back