truck conversion passenger coaches

Smudge Agree pass on the McHenry couplers never liked them I don't think there is a #408 Kadee there is a 508 but it's no where near the 451
And question are you ordering these from Walther's there are several other places that have better price and ship International
I was looking at walthers simply because they have a lot of spares (mounting brackets, motors, brushes etc) and easier to order from one supplier. But I have found a company called Amain, who also have most of the bits I want, but half of it is out of stock at the moment.
Sorry your right 508 couplings.

I forgot about that are there any hobby shops near you that order from walther's I know when there used to be a couple of them close to me they would add my stuff to their orders They usually only ordered once a week but no shipping charge and got a discount on top of it

I forgot about that are there any hobby shops near you that order from walther's I know when there used to be a couple of them close to me they would add my stuff to their orders They usually only ordered once a week but no shipping charge and got a discount on top of it
There's one about 30miles away, I phoned them and said they could order for me, but I would have to wait 8-12 weeks, depending on when they order, but that's maybe once a month depending on demand. Hence me ordering directly from Walthers, their still waiting for a consignment that was due mid March as I'd asked about a NMRA gauge.

Last edited:
There's one about 30miles away, I phoned them and said they could order for me, but I would have to wait 8-12 weeks, depending on when they order, but that's maybe once a month depending on demand. Hence me ordering directly from Walthers, their still waiting for a consignment that was due mid March as I'd asked about a NMRA gauge.
Wow that long I agree then order direct like you did It's been a while since I got anything from the shops near me since both are gone but if I remember right they would place their order on friday and have it in about a week

Wow that long I agree then order direct like you did It's been a while since I got anything from the shops near me since both are gone but if I remember right they would place their order on friday and have it in about a week
Yeah, when it's coming across state lines or local even, a week or ten days is normal, (or at least used to be), international is a whole different ball game, stuff can sit in a custom's house for weeks before it's processed and released, but so far I haven't been clobbered with import duty, as luckily for me either the item is under a certain value (£34) or they've classed it as a toy, even the two Locomotives I've bought from the US. I didn't have to pay import duty.

Last edited:
OK, I only asked as I've mounted my #5's flush, and they won't work like that, just get derailments on every curve, when I saw you'd mounted them further forward, that's why I've ordered the 451
thanks for all of the comments. I go to Kadee website and they offer no phone #s or what's, nothin. Who sells Kadee in Texas, please?

Smudge did you get the kadee 451's yet if so did they work
Yep, arrived today.
451.jpg

Back