Troy's Still Untitled GN Cascade N-Scale line

And it's time for the strongman show! Able to bend flextrack with his bare hands! Able to jump over an extension cord without tripping (usually). Able to pull the trigger handle on the caulkgun without asking his wife for help!

Today, I'm bending tempered hardboard!

True, it's only a 1/4-inch piece. But that's a tight bend.

I forgot to get in-process pics, so here's the finished product:

Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 1.25.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 1.26.06 PM.png

Pay no attention to the bottle of Windex behind the curtain... I swear, it bent only with the power of my.... OK, it was saturating it with Windex before and during the process.

You can see a drywall screw stuck into the OSB holding the piece of hardboard in place. I'd bend the board. Drive a couple of screws in to hold it in place. Spritz it with the secret sauce again. Wait a moment, the bend it some more. Move the screws to the new bend.
And repeat,
and repeat,
and repeat until I had the bend I wanted.
Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 1.26.27 PM.png

To get around the brackets, I pre-cut a section but underestimated how far to take it. On the other side of the bend, just above the bottle of Windex, you can see where I had to use the drywall saw to enlarge that cut-out
Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 1.26.51 PM.png

curious, what has this thread to do with the coffee shop?
Because we have not seen you in the coffee shop recently. I've missed you!

Would it kill you to stop by the coffee shop and say hello? ;)

I know you have your layout thread, and it is important that you do it. It is a great learning resource for other modelers. Having a thread dedicated to your work makes it easy to find specific answers

Even I keep up with your work! I'm no modeler, but I enjoy your work and I always have.

Last edited:
context: since we're no longer supposed to post MRR shots in the coffee shop, which I have been guilty of in the last couple of months, I'm waiting to see what happens with that horribly mismanaged edict.
You are not guilty!

You are carrying on a long-standing tradition of posting layout photos in the coffee shop. Some of the forums' greatest modelers have posted layout photos in the coffee shop. It has been going on for at least ten years!

unfortunately the policy still stands as stated by a mod. Until that is rescinded, doing so is now a violation of the rules of the coffee shop.
Sad face….just posting on my own thread will not have the same feel,and having to think before I speak will stop my fun, not certain how this effects me yet I have always said this had the best coffee shop and now it will lose its heart :(

Back