Trainworld's HO Defective junk - information?

TexPac

Hi,
I'm considering purchasing some defective models from Trainworld, to either use for parts or to repair. At the bottom of many of their magazine advertisements, they have 'HO & N Defective Junk - $200 Value - Sale $75'
listed as an item.
Has anyone ordered this from them? If so, how much stuff can you expect to receive? Does the $200 value stated refer to the MSRP, in which case you might get two defective locos, or something else, like an estimated resale value?
Thanks in advance for the responses. I'm curious, and am wondering if it's worth my while (and money) to order this.

Years ago, I got a box o'junk from them. At the time it was $100 worth for $25. It was $100 at their prices, and the stuff included a pair of locomotives, some freight cars, and some scenery items. One loco turned out okay, the other had to have a motor transplant and handrails repaired, and the cars all had broken stirrups and couplers.

I haven't yet - I think I will order one this weekend. If anyone's interested, I could post what I got on in it on the forum.

I haven't yet - I think I will order one this weekend. If anyone's interested, I could post what I got on in it on the forum.

Yes ! Texpac if you don't mind. I was interested but due to the fact of me join a club next week funds became short real fast. Lol but I would be interested

Back