Trains are slow ...

Aerojet

Watching the ATCS down here, the CN and CP have low traffic volumes. Not much moving right now. On the CN there is one train up by Fondy, going north and one down by the state line going south. Nothing in the middle. CP is not a lot better, one going thru Dupy right now, but not much more as of 10:30, so I guess we stay home and watch the traffic down at Rochelle on the net.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rochelle would be slow now too. Seems like most everything is way down compared to just a month or two ago. I've gone to Rochelle before and sat for several hours only to see a couple of trains due to work on the lines. At least they have scanners listening in to see what's coming. Seems like it I only had a couple of hours, that would be the time they would hold traffic for maintenance.

It's enough to give a guy a complex!

I used belong to the former Atlas Forum and we arranged for a group of us to meet at Rochelle one summer afternoon which was a first time face to face meeting. We then used to meet at Milwaukee's Trainfest and kept in touch.

Perhaps we could arrange a meet at either Du Plainville or Rochelle? Just a suggestion.

Greg

I am on the Kootenai River sub in Libby. We were getting 40 - 50 trains a day before the crap. Looks like now most run at night as there seem to be work windows all over heading West/South towards Spokane. I have been driving to CDA and only occasionally see a movement. New bridge across the lake at Sandpoint is progressing - the are 4 pier blocks into the water as of this am. Can't stop on the highway bridge and because of the construction walking from almost the Amtrak Station to a point where I can take pic's safely is more than 1/2 mile. I did spy a place that I can possible get off the road that is not on the bridge; will take another look at it to see if somewhat of a pix is possible. Have started to work with Tim.C again trying to get parts of the sub lit for ATCSMon. I receive West Libby, East Libby, sometimes East Troy and occasionally West Ripley. Have a possible antenna spot just west of Troy which should bring in E/W Troy and E/Y Yakt. Don't know about Katka or Lenonia as they both are in the canyon.

Request: If you are on ( or close to ) the sub with Internet and want to help bringing data to ATCSMon, send me a private message. Just for your info, transmitting 2 or 3 control points is about 100KB per month. This is outbound from your location and should not put a dent in your internet. Need coverage from East/North of Sandpoint to West of The Fish.

Back