Train shed

Michael J

New model railroader
Hello.

I have seen this two-bay locomotive shed on a number of layouts, yet I cannot find it in any catalogs. Does anyone know the manufacturer so that I can properly search for it?

Thank you.

shed1.jpg

shed2.jpg

shed3.jpg

It looks to me like an old Revell kit. Don't know if it is still being manufactured, or who sells them, if at all. Might try e-bay.

Oh yes, you are correct! Thank you. I found it. It's proper name is "Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛɪɴɢ Eɴɢɪɴᴇ Hᴏᴜsᴇ" by Revell. (More than I can afford, though. Oh well.)

resolved.png

This engine shed may still be in production. Like many plastic structures, you'll see the same model offered by different companies at different times. Many of the model power offerings were at one time sold by AHM and Tyco. Pola of Germany actually made the structure.

IIRC this series of structures, which used the same basic parts, Were from first Revell, and then AHM. Superior Bakery, Two Stall Engine House, and a printer's shop, were all from the same basic building. I'd check several of the plastic structure companies like Model Power, Pola, and others to see if you can find the kit.

This engine shed may still be in production. Like many plastic structures, you'll see the same model offered by different companies at different times. Many of the model power offerings were at one time sold by AHM and Tyco. Pola of Germany actually made the structure.

IIRC this series of structures, which used the same basic parts, Were from first Revell, and then AHM. Superior Bakery, Two Stall Engine House, and a printer's shop, were all from the same basic building. I'd check several of the plastic structure companies like Model Power, Pola, and others to see if you can find the kit.

Good to know, Cjcrescent.

Once I knew what it was called, it was easy to search for. Turns out Revell hasn't made these sheds since 1960. But I found a second one on eBay for a much more reasonable price that I am bidding on. (Guys, don't outbid me!)

Thanks everyone for the advice and suggestions!

If that fails a similar kit would be either Walthers two stall engine house or the Heljan model (both the same)

Well, I didn't get the Revell shed - the price went too high. But I did scarf down an identical shed by AHM for half the price! (Thanks to you guys for informing me of that!) ... The reason: The Revell was listed as "new" in a sealed box, while the AHM was listed as used, even though the only thing different was that the box had been opened; it was not assembled and nothing is missing.

Good for you. I managed to get my hands on the Superior baking Company building (A derivative of your engine house) last year. The brick detail is excellent, especially if you consider the kit was designed in the 50-60's.

Back