Train Scrap Yard Scenes

beiland

I've seen any number of scrap yard scenes for cars, etc, but not many scenes for locos and rail cars. So you can imagine my great surprise when I ran across these modeled scenes this morning at my local flea market. Turns out they were done by an older model railroader that just can't do it anymore.

A daughter of a friend of this gentleman was selling them off for the older gentleman,...so there were no bargain basement pricing one might expect at a flea market. But still I thought the pricing was fair considering the nice detail.

Regrettably I could only afford to buy 4 scenes for myself, and be able to think I can incorporate them into my new layout. There were longer scenes and shorter scenes,...I bought two of each size.

She still has I think it was 3 short scenes, and 2 long scenes. They are all different, so none alike, but all nice.
If someone else is interested I can go back there tomorrow and purchase the remaining ones for them?? The long scenes were priced at $38, and the short ones for $20.

Let me know if you are truly interested,...meanwhile enjoy the photos of these scenes...

PS: BTW they are HO scale

(I term the first group of photos the 'steam engine' scene)

Attachments

• DSCF0710.jpg
    DSCF0710.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 2,485
  • DSCF0711.jpg
    DSCF0711.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 930
  • DSCF0712.jpg
    DSCF0712.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 919
  • DSCF0709.jpg
    DSCF0709.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 993
...the second scene is contains a logging steam engine

Attachments

• DSCF0705.jpg
    DSCF0705.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 913
  • DSCF0706.jpg
    DSCF0706.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 844
  • DSCF0707.jpg
    DSCF0707.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 905
  • DSCF0708.jpg
    DSCF0708.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,490
It was just happenstance I discovered them as I usually do not good deeply into the market on many weekends,...and they were located in a rather dark (not well lite) area that I just barely decided to take a second look at.

So now I have to figure if I can utilize all 4 of the ones I got on my own layout??

Last edited by a moderator:
Went back up to the flea market this past weekend (on Sun), and took my nice camera.

Oops rechargeable battery's went dead after only a couple of shots. So I thought why not go down to another booth that sells like a dollar store and pick up some other batteries to use temporarily/ I was a little leery of buying 'Chinese batteries', as I once did this in Panama when I was driving across the continental divide, and those batteries lasted for only a few photos.

No surprise again the first 4 AA batteries lasted for about 3-4 photos. The second batch managed to make it thru a few more, but were not very reassuring to last thru some variety of shots and exposures I had hoped to make.

So here are some of the shots I got,...sorry for the lousy phots.

Attachments

• DSCF0728.jpg
    DSCF0728.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 329
  • DSCF0727.jpg
    DSCF0727.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 375
  • DSCF0725.jpg
    DSCF0725.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 450
  • DSCF0726.jpg
    DSCF0726.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 550
And all those parts are sometimes hard to come by,...and arrange in a scene.

I'm just afraid I don't have room for them on my CROWDED new layout.

Back