Train Room Progress - V Foam Down At Last

GrandpaCoyote

Wiley Old Dog
Thought I'd start the New Years off right - they say whatever you're doing New Years Day you'll be doing the rest of the year so maybe a little mojo cant hurt. ;)

Sorry for so much time between updates I was going to post this up right after Christmas but one of my late Christmas "presents" was that my computer crashed and burnt and I'm just now back up and running.

The OL and I were finally able to pick up the foam with the lend of a good friends van... picked up a WS Foam Cutter and it went pretty fast... all the foam has been cut and laid and about half of it has been glued down with Liquid Nails, need to pick up some more to finish the rest of it.

And now the pics. :D

View attachment 5231 View attachment 5232

View attachment 5233 View attachment 5234

Thats some good lookin foam? :) Startin the foundation off right. Glad you got the computer fixed and thanks for the update. Lookin forward to more.

Ah Yes those wide open pink prairies, gosh they bring back so many memories (actually mine are brown prairies but close:D )

Great work Coyote!!

Ken.

coyote Great progress! Bad luck with your computer and glad your "back"with posting your pictures: BTW How do you keep your room so clean:D ;)

Jos

I have three things to say.

1) That pink looks better than the way the walls used to look.

2) I sent you a message on your update III post when it reserfaced last week then it disappeared. I don't think you got it.

3) Progress is progress.

I have three things to say.

1) That pink looks better than the way the walls used to look.

2) I sent you a message on your update III post when it reserfaced last week then it disappeared. I don't think you got it.

3) Progress is progress.

Chip,

1) Agreed 100% better Dow Pink than Cat House Red. :rolleyes:

2) I saw the message and replied to it at the end of the same thread. :D

3) And knowing is half the battle. ;)

Peace.

Coyote

That looks awful familiar! Are you going to tunnel throught that wall to the closet?

Jeff,

Yes Sir.. I'll be cutting through that wall to make an opening to lay track through to the staging.. hey it does seem awful familiar doesn't it.. ;)

Peace.

Coyote

Thats some good lookin foam? :) Startin the foundation off right. Glad you got the computer fixed and thanks for the update. Lookin forward to more.

Man thats looking good! Making some progress there.

Ah Yes those wide open pink prairies, gosh they bring back so many memories (actually mine are brown prairies but close:D )

Great work Coyote!!

Ken.

Wow, I can practically see the track! Lookin' good

coyote Great progress! Bad luck with your computer and glad your "back"with posting your pictures: BTW How do you keep your room so clean:D ;)

Jos

Coyote

Great progress, things will fly along now;)

Coyote great work keep up the updates Thanks !!

Scott, Josh, Ken, Ken L, Jos, Steve and Paul;

Thanks guys... It's really is the input, advice, praise and fellowship of the gang that keeps me going... sometimes it feels like I'm working in a vacuum but then other times I feel like you guys and gals are all right there with me as I get it done. Means a lot to me, seriously.

Peace.

Coyote.

P.S. Jos, it stays that clean because of two reasons first being my OL with her hands on her hips when it starts to spill out into the rest of the house ;) and second my grandfather's voice in my head muttering "a place for everything and everything in it's place - a man respects his tools boy". :)

1) Agreed 100% better Dow Pink than Cat House Red. :rolleyes:

I'd still paint it ASAP

2) I saw the message and replied to it at the end of the same thread. :D

Don't know how I missed it. Glad to see you have your computer back.

3) And knowing is half the battle. ;)

And the opposite of progress is congress.

Where did you get your foam from, and how much did it cost. checking prices locally, they want something like $40-50 for just a 2" 4x8' sheet! can you say "Ouch!"

Ted,

Come down to Salem and hit Home Depot - 2" 2'x8' sheets of the stuff are around $15, or were the last time I shopped them. I think they had three different thicknesses.

Where did you get your foam from, and how much did it cost. checking prices locally, they want something like $40-50 for just a 2" 4x8' sheet! can you say "Ouch!"

Ted,

We got our foam from Home Depot in 4'x8'x1" sheets @ $12.35 each. That appears to be a fairly comparable price across the board down here in North Texas.

Peace.

Coyote

Back