Train Room Progress III - Benchwork done

SpaceMouse said:
Looks good, GC.

Take some time and just sit in the middle and watch your trains running. Then start laying track

Chip,

Thanks pal. It's always great to get back praise from one of the guys that has inspired you.

AS soon as I can find a way to get the huge sheets of foam home (too big for the car you know) I'll be laying down the foam - boy this has been an interesting trip so far. :)

Good to hear from you as always buddy, hope you and yours are all well and safe.

Peace.

Welcome back GC. I don't know if you were following my saga over the holidays, but I got so tired of my EZ tack turnouts failing that I decided enough was enough and I was going to start a new layout. My basement has several months and several grand of improvements to go before I can build, so I decided to build a smaller 3 x 7 N-scale layout in modern Norfolk Southern--the other end of the scale from 1880's steam.

Below is the track plan--although it has evolved. There is a backdrop going down the center longways. The bottom side is country railfanning with an abandoned mine. Down the center will be a waterfall, and I have a waterfall CD and some small speakers that will add nature sounds.

The top is a small classification yard and urban canyons. The curved turnouts will be straightend and run down between some small factories and a huge block sized brewery. I'm going to be running big NS diesels and Amtrak speeders. I'd like to get an Acela if someone would make a decent one. Switching is subcontracted to Conrail.

door02.gif

Welcome back GC. I don't know if you were following my saga over the holidays, but I got so tired of my EZ tack turnouts failing that I decided enough was enough and I was going to start a new layout. My basement has several months and several grand of improvements to go before I can build, so I decided to build a smaller 3 x 7 N-scale layout in modern Norfolk Southern--the other end of the scale from 1880's steam.

Below is the track plan--although it has evolved. There is a backdrop going down the center longways. The bottom side is country railfanning with an abandoned mine. Down the center will be a waterfall, and I have a waterfall CD and some small speakers that will add nature sounds.

The top is a small classification yard and urban canyons. The curved turnouts will be straightend and run down between some small factories and a huge block sized brewery. I'm going to be running big NS diesels and Amtrak speeders. I'd like to get an Acela if someone would make a decent one. Switching is subcontracted to Conrail.

door02.gif

Chip,

I was following the saga when my computer crashed and burnt; let me tell you it was no Christmas present to have to reformat and start from scratch, but I'm back up again and continuing to read back on the big change.

First off let me say bravo to you! You are a braver man than me to restart but it sounds like it's time and that you will get greater enjoyment out of the new setup.

I really like your plan; I've always thought that the backdrop down the middle with two very different scenes sort of layout outs offered a lot of fun and variations in kinds of operations and scenicking.. so again good show :: thumbs up::

I think having one scene be open country and the other being Urban canyons is a great choice, the best of both worlds.

Hope to see pics as soon as you've got them.

As for home, well while I was rebuilding the computer it gave me time to finish cutting and laying the foam for the layout and then to do a much needed cleanup on the train room... those foam particles get everywhere!

I'll try and post some pics tonight or tomorrow.

Good luck on the new project and keep us up to date! :)

Peace.

Coyote

Back