Trailers for Malibu Trucks?

Frank Rizzo

RAIL BARON
With all the chit-chat on the Malibu trucks, I was wondering what you have found to work well for trailers with them. Suggestions, comments? Looking to buy some trailers to go along with my collection of trucks.

Thanks,
Frank

The Malibu trucks should work with trailers from Walthers, Athearn, Bowser, A-line, Rail Power, Atlas, and Lonestar. I'm not sure on others, but Trucks & Stuff, Herpa, and others with the larger king pin will not work w/o modification to the 5th wheel, OR the kingpin on the trailer.

others with the larger king pin will not work w/o modification to the 5th wheel, OR the kingpin on the trailer; Josh (quote)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I took my Dremel tool w/a barrel sander & very carefully sanded off the larger pins on the trailers to fit the tractor 5th wheel. I bought a lot of trailers from a Dollar General in my town & sanded off the pins.

The trailers from the Dollar G. don't look as good as the Walthers, but, I'm Cheap & they work for me.

Larry;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully one day they will make trailers. Like a nice flatbed or gooseneck lowboy with heavy equipment on it. Kinda like the Lonestar spreadaxle with the toolboxes and alloy rims:)

Back