Trackplan at last. All comments Welcomed and Wanted.

SpaceMouse said:
IF you can do without the wye, you could work in a pretty decent yard. Start the yard throat coming in from the bottom and use a rooster tail arrangement (I hope that is the term) fanning out into the peninsula.)

Chip,

I might be able to do without the Wye if I can find enough room to put in at least a small turntable I think. I will have to look up Rooster Tails, thanks for the info. :)

Peace.
Coyote

I believe you are thinking of "pinwheel" ladders, where each successive turnout branches from the diverging leg of the one before it.

If it were me, I'd look to one of the longer runs along a wall for the yard location and put something else on the short peninsula.

I'd say a mixture of Alt A & the current, as I like that curved switch leading into the yard. But the lower one could be modified also, taking the lower switch idea from the current plan? I dunno you'll get this worked out soon!

cuyama said:
I believe you are thinking of "pinwheel" ladders, where each successive turnout branches from the diverging leg of the one before it.

If it were me, I'd look to one of the longer runs along a wall for the yard location and put something else on the short peninsula.

That's it! I knew it was wrong, but I had one serious senior moment about it.

Of course, putting the yard on a wall and industries on the peninsula makes sense.

Howdy Gang,

Well here is the latest version of the track plan with a few fiddly changes here and there some might notice... I think this is version 10 of this particular plan... I think :)

View attachment 3360

As always, any and all comments, questions, critiques, jeers, cheer or anything at all is welcomed.

Peace.
Coyote

Looks great Coyote! I'm kind of curious about that short piece of isolated track in the upper-right corner though - is it a DCC programming track or something?

I noticed some people advising you to discard the wye. But if you are running any steamers you may need that to turn them around.

It looks pretty good. You might want to think about adding another yard track- it looks like there's room.

Back