track question help please

fitefire911

which is better bachmann ez track or atlas true track with road bed i an a newbie trying to start a 4x8 project any suggestions all help appreciated

Not sure what they are made out of, I assume nickel silver. You would probably be fine with either one. The only concern I would have is if you want to do anything but a standard oval, figure 8, etc. If you need a filler piece that is 4.25 inches long, you can't buy one and you can't make one. If you use track that does not have the roadbed attached, you have more flexibility.
Doug

The EZ-Track is good quality as far as the track lengths, but their turnouts leave something to be desired. They aren't awful, but they are seriously over-priced due to all the work that one needs to put into them.

If you are going to go with the cheaper, but still good, Atlas track, why not just buy cork roadbed and lay flex track? It is easy, certainly easily learned, and it's not rocket science. But mostly, it means fewer joints (always a good thing), and infinite flexibility in terms of the curvature you can impart to any one length of 3' down to a practical minimum near 15" in radius.

Crandell

I agree I feel the Atlas Flex and cork roadbed is the best for the price. I have used Atlas, Peco, Lambert switches and found that the Atlas although have some problems seem to work out for me. Biggest problem is the DEAD Frog, and they do take some filing around the points the factory inset on the main rail seems to be to deep and leaves an edge that derails anything that goes over them.

Back