track plans

sparky

Hello everyone,
I haven't done any modeling in many years and want to start again. I at one time had the atlas track book with the Grainet Gorge plan in it with instructions on the cuts etc. for the cookie cutter and wiring of the same. Now thru all my searching it is gone! If possible, could someone please copy and email me the drawings as I have always wanted to build this model since a young man. Even a layout that would be close to it would be great. I also want to run my big boys on this so hoping the curves are wide enough
Thanks for any help I can get.
Sparky

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the one you're looking for.....?

th

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=atlas+track+plan+granite+gorge&qpvt=atlas+track+plan+grainet

Greg

Sparky:

I didn't look real close at the track plan, but many of the Atlas plans use sharp radius and Atlas Snap Switches which likely will not allow a Big Boy to operate on the layout.

If you want to run Big Boy locos, the plan may need modifications and be enlarged to allow larger radius and #6 turnouts.

Greg

22" is about the minimum mine will take. It sure don't like no 18"'s THATS for sure! I don't have anything in between that so I don't know about 19"'s or 20"'s

Hi Greg, Very interesting photos on that link, I noticed a photo of my old Granite Gorge layout. I tore it down before it was finished, I wonder where they picked up the photo, that was a log time ago back in the late 1970's

Use 22" and 24" radius instead of 18" and 22" radius. I've considered doing the same thing on the Central Midland. Alternative is to operate smaller equipment-which I've also given serious thought to.

Back