Track plan goes into modification...

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
My dad & I were talking, its looking like his layout might get a 2nd deck now. Its up in the air, I still cannot figure out the danged elevation thing on RTS 7.0 so I'm goning to do outside calulations to see if the space alloted will allow a 2nd deck, the trains going to the 2nd deck (and the yard on the lower portion of the screen) would push up the switch, until about the yard, with a transfer caboose, then pull up the 2nd hlaf of the hill, using a simple switchback.

Pic 1, the original design with coloring to show where everything will be (mostly)
Pic 2, upper deck, planned portion, the radius may be cut down to 18" up on the 2nd deck.
Pic 3, lower deck and everything that WILL be included

An upper level is great news, Josh. Keep us updated on your Dad's progress. Is he close enough for you to run trains or far away?

Far away, the upper deck my become a long lost dream, he couldn't work up the nerve to get rid of his huge china cabinet, so around the wall with a industry and 2nd deck become quite hard, the closet however will house 3 staging tracks to become the "interchange" track, which will unclutter the front yard area. We'll see this fall/winter to see how far my dad gets. Anyone care to try an convince him to go with mostly foam, and less plywood!!?

Dad must be a pretty skinny guy to fit those access hatches.. How much clearance between decks are you trying to gain?? Looks like you are going to have some pretty steep :eek: grades on that switchback..

Jeff
:)

we're still working on the measurements, the access hatch will prolly drop out part of the track with its self. The 2nd deck is just a dream for the future if he ever figures out where to move the china cabinet.

Back