Track laying process

Well got quite a bit of track laid just about 6 more feet of double track mainline to go. I need to go back and do touch up filing of turnouts and cleaning of joints. Here are three pics of what is down so far. I am using Atlas code 83 flex track with Micro engineering and Shinohara turnouts. I have tortoise switch machines mounted below.
DSCF0133.png

DSCF0132.png

DSCF0131.png

Sean,

Great looking layout! Keep the pics coming. BTW: What are the overall dimensions of the layout and what did use to create the design?

Later,

Dan

Looking good! Is the entire 'center' area completely open? I was thinking there might be space for a future addition of a peninsula or two...

The drawing is an AutoCAD DWG converted to JPG format. I am a residential designer by trade I have been recreating the structures that were in Green River so I can build them for my layout. Overall dimensions of the room is 20'-0" x 19'-6" its the two car garage attached to my house. This past december I insulated the attic, door and bought a window unit.
Per an agreement with my wife the center section is a play area for my two kids. Its carpeted and there is a couch, a shelf for their toys, a small wooden table I built for my son's thomas wooden trains. I have a stereo system out there to play my grandpa's old steam sound lp's. Also there is a small tv with a vcr to watch kids tapes or my train videos. Its a nice room away from the stress of life.

That would be Green River Wyoming, right?

I'm modeling another part of Wyoming - the CB&Q Casper Sub through the central part of the state.

Back