Tower 55 Products

I've been considering reserving a Canadian Pacific ES44AC from Tower 55, and I'm wondering if there any good. Do they run well/have the same pulling power as Atlas or Kato? They probably they have the same as there Brass counterparts, but I want to be sure these things are worth $300 US:eek: .

Have any of you reserved one or two of them?

Thanks in advance

I havn't yet, but have considered buying the BNSF new Logo ES44DC, I tested one out on a short 6' test track and loved it. But thats about all I can say about it.

So today, I got out of work early and headed out to Whistle Stop trains here in San Diego, the train store that Tower 55 lists as a dealer. While there I asked about them, and if he had any in stock. None in stock, but he's ordered and received 3 for customers.

For the big news though, he said that even though Tower 55 advertises the sound working on DC, he does not know of anyone who could get it to. Also !!WARNING!! NCE users, apparently the Digitrax decoder will NOT program on an NCE system, supposedly NCE is working on a fix. My thought here would be the JMRI computer interface, but he had no knowlege of using the JMRI interface on NCE with the Tower 55 units. I told him I'd be back in a month to place and order for an ES44DC, even though I plan on using NCE (I like their cabs the most).

Yes they have the same pulling power as a Kato. I know because I was at the Worlds Greatest Hobby show at Saint Paul,MN

okanaganrailfan said:
Well this really screws things up, my club runs NCE, and we already have enough problems.
Thats not to say, it may be fixed by the time you actually receive the unit! I'd say still go for it, and if it causes to much of an issue, find a way around it, maybe you can even program it on someone else's system.

most club members do have NCE, but I know a few that have Digitrax layouts and some even have MRC, so I should be fine. hopefully they do figure out this problem there having, because I thinking of purchasing a NCE System myself.

Yeah I like NCE alot, so when he said that, I did get a little worried but its not worth missing out on the ES44DC for...

I'm also considering reserving a CN SD70M-2 and a UP/KATY SD70ACe.
This is when I like saying "If I had a Million Dollars...I'd buy tons of trains":D

Does anyone know if Tower 55 will be releasing any UNDECORATED versions of the GE and EMD power?

theres nothing on there website stating that they are, but you might want to try emailing them, they usally get back to you pretty fast.

Back