tooters scooters...

Thanks...:)
It's just a little diorama to practice composition and scenery. There's 3 inches of foam to allow cutting a gorge so I can learn how to build a wooden bridge.

Greg

Thanks...:)
It's just a little diorama to practice composition and scenery. There's 3 inches of foam to allow cutting a gorge so I can learn how to build a wooden bridge.

Greg

Gregg,
I can email you the plans I used to make my bridge. It only cost a few dollars for supplies. It could be easily modified for any size you need. Here is a pic:
bridge2.jpg
I made mine wide enough for 2 tracks for my planned shelf layout.
-Art

Hey Art, :)

Thanks for your kind offer... but your bridge is larger than my whole layout. :eek:
I'm going to do just a very small curved timber bridge similar to this...

HOn30.jpg

Greg

I took a motorcycle helmetcam, mounted it with some rubber bands onto a 50 foot flat car, and ran it around a few times just to see if it would work... :)

1e8c61f2.jpg

7970e540.jpg

d50e1066.jpg

[YOUTUBE]c7ZmC9lIP2A[/YOUTUBE]

That sound is a wheel on the long flat car contacting a step rail on the 12 inch curves... so you might want to mute your speakers. :rolleyes:

Greg

Yeah, since it was just a test I temporarily lowered my standards.;)

The camera actually worked out pretty well, and needs some better lighting. I'm going to break out one of the Roundhouse 30 foot flats and see if the top heavy helmet cam will fit onto it. They'll go round the curves without any wheel scraping. :)

Greg

Hey where'd you pick up the cam?
I'm looking for something like that.
Love that little "Scootercycle" with the handlebars!

On a motorcycle, that's easy, because with a helmet mount the camera turns with your head into the curves. My track only accentuates the issue because the curve radius is 12 inches.

Greg

Is that sound really just a wheel, or are you eating a carrot stick while filming this?
Listen carefully....

(JD- thanx for the link!)

Yes... everything in this little train came off ebay...

[youtube]nBBTFwfYneg[/youtube]

I only make shortys out of cheap old rolling stock that I can get for next to nothing. The nice ones should go to the train modellers who enjoy them in their "intact" condition.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a really cool shorty coal car?... :)

CONSOL-3%20SHORT%20COAL%20CAR.bmp

...or a shorty flat car...

d279006b-a8ce-40f8-bc48-d7565cdc53ac.JPG

...or a rail Mini...

49990d1267217244-railroad-track-inspection-cars-morris-minor-rail-car.jpg

those aren't tooter enough... Try these!

P5221235.JPG

Almost like my ballast hauler... except it's more old time. ;)

ATTACH]

Speaking of hauling rocks... I'm almost done with the wood and metal HO mining ore car kits.
I'll post a pic when they're finished.

Greg

I have some spotted cows and needed to get a cattle car to haul them around, so I got this Mantua Old Time Classics 30 footer... :)

0296b216.jpg

...the cows were bored and wanted to stretch their legs at the station before going on the long trip. The little calf wanted to ride in the caboose so we said what the heck, let 'er ride where she wants. ;)

Greg, I've got some stuff in my RR Junk Yard that you could probably use to make some cars. Like, Steel Mill parts, etc. maybe I'll send you a box of stuff when I can get some money ahead. All of these doctor bills are putting my train stuff out to pasture. haven't been this far behind for quite some time.
Nuff about me, I'll grab some junk & send it soon.
larry:D;)

Greg, that is just soooooooo un-prototypical. C'mon now, how would that cow have gotten up on the roof? Now a horse; that I could believe. :rolleyes:

Back