tooter goes big time...

Too simple. Greg needs to buy 50 cases of Floquil paint pens. (Can you tell I own stock in the company? :D)

More likely it'll just be a cheap black Marksalot felt tip with some dust kicked on the screws. ;)

I've just begun to install a little hand car shed to store the rolling stock...

7ee1b569.jpg

I actually had to google to find out what a Weeble is... :p
The little building is for our granddaughter.;)

Rainy Saturday. No railroad work crew today...:(

175c929c.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The grade crossing is cemented. I left the ties exposed just in case I need to lift up the tracks...

IMG_5759.jpg

Next will be some redwood fillers to go on each side of the rails...

IMG_5760.jpg

The leaves and debris are already starting to cover the ties. Eventually, only the rails will be visible.

IMG_5761.jpg

did a little more work on the grade crossing...

IMG_5762.jpg

IMG_5763.jpg

Ran out of scraps so I need to get more 1x4. The inside board will be mitered to clear the wheel flanges and they'll all get a coat of dark stain before I attach them to the ties.

Same as the real ones... :)

SHEDD_1.JPG

Roll the hand cart out of the shed then lift it onto the main track. That's why handcars have twin sets of handles at each end...

boon_oh.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Hey Rico, :)

I'm going non motorized human powered...

IMG_5684.jpg

IMG_5683.jpg

However, I did get the really cool speeder wheels from the guy who scratchbuilds these...

DSC00185.JPG

These are absolutely the finest high quality speeders available. They come with a 5 horsepower Honda engine, a 5 speed transmission, and disc brakes.

I'm waiting on some chain parts to continue working on the hand car, and I'll post a video when it's up and running. No one else has done the kind of drive I'm doing so everything is trial and error. An idler cog has been added but I need half links of chain to get the length just right. I'm still experimenting with the length of stroke and the amount of leverage needed to climb the 7% grades.

They're absolutely beautiful machines... I got to see his shop where they're made, and the machining on them is impeccable.

Here's a video I found of one in action. It's shaky at first but gets a little better later on...

[YOUTUBE]HtdWTqnIWlE [/YOUTUBE]

Back