TOFC/COFC Tuesday

I've been intending to contribute, but it seems like I've hardly been home over the past few weeks. Here's to a revival of this thread. Eastbound colorful double-stacks entering Kingman, AZ, October 2017.

52323596213_8fbc5acd5b_o.jpg

Just catching up on this thread, some great modeling!
here is a frisco Athearn 40' trailer I modified, painted, decaled and weathered up a bit.
FCOZ500142.jpg

Then I just had to make some QA&P TOFC decals and put them on a Athearn RTR 40' trailer.
QAPPIG.jpg

Made the mudflaps for these trailers with index card paper blackened with a majic marker and cut to size.

Here is a video I of my TOFC train.

Thanks for taking a look.

Here are some Atlas and Walthers refrigerated containers I've been working on. The Chiquita decals are my artwork printed by PDC and applied to Atlas containers.

So far I've only weathered one container, but I used Tamiya panel line accent on the Walthers containers to bring out the detail, especially around the reefer unit in the front of the container. I only darkened the IBC receivers on the corners of the Atlas containers at this point, but I'll add some rust and scrapes along the corner posts going forward.

The clip-on gensets are my 3D drawing of a ThermoKing SG2000 3D printed, painted and decorated with another set of decals I had printed by PDC.

original.jpg

If you need custom decals, Bill at PDC is great to work with. I do all the artwork in Inkscape, which is a free vector art program, and set up the exported files according to Bill's instructions. The results are outstanding.
I like those gensets I’ve pulled many of containers with those on the front. I used to have fuel them before leaving the yard and starting them up you did a great job on them

I've had these files in the machine for a few years.
They are in PDF format so they don't show in the window here, but they are printable containers wraps.
Open them and they will be in HO scale ready to print. Use card stock so they are sturdy.

Attachments

• cmacgm_20f_H0 (2020_11_17 02_20_59 UTC).pdf
    112.7 KB · Views: 93
  • cs_40f_H0 (2020_11_17 02_20_59 UTC).pdf
    54.2 KB · Views: 88
  • evergreen_40f_H0 (2020_11_17 02_20_59 UTC).pdf
    180.4 KB · Views: 87
  • igs-hansa_20f_H0 (2020_11_17 02_20_59 UTC).pdf
    365.9 KB · Views: 73

Attachments

• Athearn trailer.jpg
    Athearn trailer.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I've had these files in the machine for a few years.
They are in PDF format so they don't show in the window here, but they are printable containers wraps.
Open them and they will be in HO scale ready to print. Use card stock so they are sturdy.
Thank's for sharing, downloaded into my "for future use" folder

Here we have a BN GP50L 3162, BN B30-7AB 4115, and ATSF SD40-2 5118 on the TOFC train going past the tower, and departing the yard. The L designation was for the longer cab, that was intended to accommodate 4- 5 man crews.
DSC01486.JPG

A few trailers,
DSC01489.JPG

DSC01491.JPG

I love those Campbell Express "HUMPIN to PLEASE" trailers.
DSC01492.JPG

DSC01493.JPG

Thanks for stopping by.

Back