To the UN-"PC" Crowd-Merry Christmas...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

enjineerbill

Avid People Watcher
Merry Christmas!!!

Years ago, growing up in Madison, Wisconsin the Milwaukee Road sponsored a train that was called the "Santa Express". It consisted of an FP7 and about six bi-level passenger cars. The train would load at the W. Washington Depot, with hundreds of youngsters who were about to be taken on a most magical journey. The train would head east, crossing over the CNW diamond at the famous 'tower in the lake' and continue east for what seemed like one-hundred miles. Then the train stopped and the whispers would begin, "Is he here?" "I think I saw him!!" "Look it's SANTA CLAUSE!!!" And so would begin the journey back to Madison. Santa made his way through all the cars visiting with every boy and girl on the train. And we each got a coloring book from the Jolly old Elf!! It was an amazing thing to experience. And one that I will NEVER forget.

I know now just how short a distance the train really traveled and how a few 'other' things got done, But as I sit here, remembering the Santa Express, it will always be MAGIC to me, and a few hundred other kids I hope.

So it is with all the hopes and wishes for you and yours, May all your Holiday wishes come true!

I know it's not Milwaukee Road, but it's my Santa Express!!
5024_2.png

NorthPole_2.png

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Johnny and Stacey

Now thats a childhood memory that the kids growing up today are REALLY missing out on.

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas Awesome photos

L&N Castle

Guys,the photos are great as always. Fellows,may all of you have a Wonderful Merry Christmas,and a blessed New Year. One more thing,may all signals show green,and may your travels be safe. Peace.:) .William.

Last edited by a moderator:

uspscsx

The Name's Really Matt...
Eric!

IMHO, Trans-Siberian Orchestra is the only way to enjoy rock music and Christmas at the same time. In fact, I've got them going on WMP right now...

Matt

OldGettysk

Running the MC & Buffalo
Your right people saw the Trans Siberian Orchestra couple years ago here in Bufallo , They were just here last night again , Anyhow you have to see them live, They put on a fantastic show !!!!

enjineerbill

Avid People Watcher
Very Nice indeed Steve. Right back at you with a big Merry Christmas to you!! Our area looks pretty much the same this year, no white Christmas for us. And we don't see many of those steamers in these parts;) , so thank you for the gift as well!!

Johnny

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.