Three Conrail boxcars coming right up...

rgeiter

Conrail Quality
39F7BCD8-BB9B-4EF9-8814-B2EF4C64E0F2.jpeg
Well, as soon as I get some decals...

Sooo.... having some issues. I don’t think Conrail had any of these boxcars. They are close but not exact. Now this could just be that the model manufacturer chose to ignore certain details or that, in fact, these are correct variations of the car type. So I had to be creative. Here is the progress so far. I did have a “decal failure” on the one car so far but I think it’ll be salvageable.
66A1B362-5580-42A9-9748-3A1B38D15BEA.jpeg

Weathering hides mistakes. I could have a field day with them. Chalk powers to make the decals look faded and running, rust and fading of the car. Boxcars got used and abused back in the day.

Just happened to see this thread…. Was thinking of going Conrail on my late 80s layout, if you are having to remake your own Conrail rolling stock does this mean they are hard to find? Have been looking and coming up empty, so I am guessing I already know the answer…

Just happened to see this thread…. Was thinking of going Conrail on my late 80s layout, if you are having to remake your own Conrail rolling stock does this mean they are hard to find? Have been looking and coming up empty, so I am guessing I already know the answer…
There's Conrail stuff out there. Painting and decalling inexpensive cars might be something he enjoys to do as part of the hobby.

Also keep in mind Conrail was only created in 1976, so it's only 10 years old at your time frame, and you can still run a lot of predecessor road rolling stock (PC/PRR/NYC, EL, RDG, etc.) as well as new and repainted Conrail stuff, and all sorts of glorious "patch" jobs.

Back