This will mess with your head...

sushob

Entrepreneurial Teen
Just got one of those annoying emails that circulate from time to time and thought I would share...

--------------------------------

3 MEN GO INTO A MOTEL. THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK SAID THE ROOM IS $30, SO EACH MAN PAID $10 AND WENT TO THE ROOM.

A WHILE LATER THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK REALIZED THE ROOM WAS ONLY $25, SO HE SENT THE BELLBOY TO THE 3 GUYS' ROOM WITH $5.

ON THE WAY, THE BELLBOY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPLIT $5 EVENLY BETWEEN 3 MEN, SO HE GAVE EACH MAN A $1 AND KEPT THE OTHER $2 FOR HIMSELF.

THIS MEANT THAT THE 3 MEN EACH PAID $9 FOR THE ROOM, WHICH IS A TOTAL OF $27. ADD THE $2 THAT THE BELLBOY KEPT = $29.

WHERE IS THE OTHER DOLLAR ???

--------------------------------

Well, sushob, the math premise is wrong. The men ended up only paying $25 for the room plus the $2 the bellboy stole. $25 plus 2 is $27 which is the amount the men are out. Remember the $5 in question only gave the men $3 so you could also say that the men originally paid $30 were given $3 back and the bellboy kept $2. $5 minus the 2 stolen equals 3 which is what was returned to the men. Confused yet? :confused: ;) :D

Yes, I realize that (I'm in my second year of high school calculus (AP) with a 99% average :rolleyes: ), but it was still rather successful in being confusing.

I figured that probably would "add" up for you and you already knew the answer.:p :eek: :D

Back