This weeks project a Satellite station

Steve B

Firefighter
Well i had some time on my hands after surgery so i thought i may as well build some kit's. This is a Satellite receicing station kit made by HELJAN which is a european manufacturer, i got it on Ebay for £2 which was about £15 less than the shop price. I decided to motorise the Satellite dish so it could be remotley operated by a push button switch which will go on the railroad fascia when it's built. The motor is an RC servo with the electronic gubbins removed so it will turn at a constant speed. The station is mounted on a 1" thick piece of foam board with the motor simply being a push fit in the foam, the link between the motor and satellite is not directly coupled so the building can be lifted off without removing the motor. Just got to fit some lights in and were done, i'll try to get an illuminated shot later. i think it will add some intrest to a hilly corner of the layout

This is the base with servo conection visible, the pins locate in the arm's of the fitting attatched to the building section, second pic down
176640269.gif

176640277.gif

And the finished model with extra handrails and a ladder fitted so the little folk's can get on the roof, Beam me up Scotty
176640264.gif

176640281.gif

WOW Steve, I'm impressed! I see you've got the mortar lines in the brick too. Kudoes for job well done.

Hmmm...could you imagine if you were able to actually make the thing transmit (for wireless DCC throttles etc.)

Lol, Ken don't give him to many ideas! Next thing you know we'll have him in the hospital cause his brain is racing!! Anys, aside from the BAD joke, Loks awsome, what'd you use for the mortor lines?

Chears gent's
Now what can i do to it next, Mmmmm

I used patching plaster, i wet the plastic and rubbed it into the joints as a fine paste, when it dried i took a slightly damp paper towel and wiped the surface just enough to remove the surface film.

Anyhow here's a night shot, The monitors inside are glowing tonight
176731582.gif

it look's like flashlight Fred lost his torch or did he forget it because he's a secret agent on a covert mission gathering intelligance:eek:
176731574.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back