021.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 332
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 301
  • My Trains 067.jpg
    My Trains 067.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 199
Looks like a good model! Must be the Bachman Onion Pacific? I am a HUGE UP fan and really like some of the extreme locomotives they have had to employ in the past. I have done some diesels in C&EI this winter and really found it fun. N Scale is very unforgiving for minor errors because an fraction of an inch is a big deal. Keep posting the progress!

Could you tell us a bit about the model you made? What power chassis, body source etc. I was goofing around with some junk F3? shells. THe idea was to make a double header, alwaus going forward regardless of travel direction. Then I realized, after cutting of course, 2 fronts of a santa fe yielded a new road name..... drum roll please............ SAFE...... hey with cabs at both ends of a single loco, it must be SAFE???? right? I plan to search for another pair of junk Bmann F units, in red war bonnet of course and do a little better job of cutting to preserve the lettering. Problem will be which way is forward? (or dies it only run forward). Anywho...nice job, tell us more. JD

Well I started with the body I got 2 Atlas GP35 ph2,cut them just behind the cab and up to the bottom of the lights this gave me the use of the light holes to install two brass rods into to help hold the body halfs in alignment then I cut plastic to fill in the gap between the bodys. then I used super glue and baking soda to add strength. I built the ends out of plastic and used a door off a SD35 body sanded it thin and glued it on.for the frame I used pc board this gave me copper on both sides for pickup.I used two pilots off a intermountain sd40t-2,trucks off a bachmann dda40x, 2 Atlas motors with fly wheels and worm gear shafts and 2 Atlas gp35 fule tanks. the detail parts are BLMA grabs,diamond plate,air lines.Gold medal stanchions and brass wire for the hand rails.6922

yup a little trick I learned when I was building balsa air plains.try this, put a drop of superglue and a old piece of plastic and sprinkle some baking soda on top. it will set instantly and be hard as a rock.

yup a little trick I learned when I was building balsa air plains.try this, put a drop of superglue on a old piece of plastic and sprinkle some baking soda on top. it will set instantly and be hard as a rock.

This trick can be very useful also as a filler, and not just reinforcement. Instead of using a instant set CA, use a slow setting and you can make a paste that can then be spread over wherever you need filling. After it dries, it can be sanded or filed to shape.

Back