this is an outstanding deal

I just looked at it on ebay. Currently at $87.00 with 22 hours to go and 16 bids on it.
Larry and Rico may be right. Sometimes bidding on ebay is like a battle of wits against an unarmed enemy.

I love those guys, when they put something up as a buy it now they also have one start at a penny.
I've gotten some amazing deals from them!
Here's the identical unit at the buy it now price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bachmann-HO...769957?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item2ebb5a8f65
Now sit back and watch as the penny auction goes way over the buy it now price! :)

Oh yeah I love when that happens lol, it makes my day. I was watching 20 intermodal containers (about 7 bucks a piece retail, typical 48' walther containers) start at 30 bucks. Thought ok, that might be worth it if it stays under 50. Welp I was out when it climbed to 60 bucks within an hour of being posted. At the end of auction it went for 220 bucks, and that didnt include the 15 dollar shipping, for a cost of about 11.75 a unit!! I looked at the bid history and in the end it was 2 bidders going back and forth. Some people have more money than brains lol.

Funny, got mine on MB Klein for $50.00. Well worth the price too, I love my S4! It may have gotten me hooked on switchers..

Now sit back and watch as the penny auction goes way over the buy it now price!
That is the whole point of putting something in an auction type sale. There should be an "auction" class in college psychology and marketing curriculumns.

Last edited by a moderator:
well my son bought the ebay listing for 91.00 bucks not bad for dcc & sound ;)

No,not a bad price at all.

Whispers:

I been thinking about buying one with sound.If I do,that will be my second Bachmann-the first being the GE 70 Tonner-very please with this engine.

No,not a bad price at all.

Whispers:

I been thinking about buying one with sound.If I do,that will be my second Bachmann-the first being the GE 70 Tonner-very please with this engine.
its ok i am running my s-4 rite now sounds nice for the price :)

Mine cost $89.98. Great deal for a Tsunami equipped loco. The sound is great too.

gV15n.jpg

Mine cost $89.98. Great deal for a Tsunami equipped loco. The sound is great too.
That does not look N-scale to me! That is impressive. But that is not the reason I am writing. I am wondering about the boarded up windows on the caboose. Do you have a prototype for that? I would have not have guessed that type of boarding up would be in the era of the Zebra stripes.

That does not look N-scale to me! That is impressive. But that is not the reason I am writing. I am wondering about the boarded up windows on the caboose. Do you have a prototype for that? I would have not have guessed that type of boarding up would be in the era of the Zebra stripes.

Not N scale, HO.

The "boarded windows" on the caboose are actually screens. Not the best when scaling down window screens in HO scale, but at least Intermountain tried to simulate them. The screens are prototypical though.

;)well as shiny as the s-4 is im guessing it just got delivered;)

No weathering yet. Although I do plan to eventually weather it a bit...after all it is an Alco ;)

I don't think my photo would work for just delivered since the caboose is 1958 at the earliest with those little heralds along the bottom. I think the S4s were delivered in 1954 on the Santa Fe?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back