Things I Wish They Sold

NH Mike

CEO & Wheel Cleaner
Unless you're in some odd scale like Pn18 then there is almost anything you could use or want for the most part. And there are things nobody offers and everybody could use. I'd like to see somebody make and sell the round seals that go in the caps of Floquil and Testors 1/2 oz and 1 oz paint bottles. No matter how careful you are they eventually deteriorate. Sure you can buy new empty bottles with new caps and seals but the bottles aren't needed in this case. The best replacement seal I've found is the one in Testors liquid plastic cement because it is nylon. Just pull the brush out of it and the cap fits paint bottles. My ratio of paints to plastic cement is about 60 to 1 so building a stockpile of nylon seals won't be practical, ever.

Would you like to see something offered that is not currently available either in your workbench supplies or paints?

Hmmm...not sure about workbench supplies or paints...but I sure could use an HO scale whitewater kayak. I cannot find one to save my life. Ohhh..how about a self-cleaning airbrush :D

How about a wider selection of motor vehicles from the ___________ (insert your era here)!

My choice would be the 1960's. I have quite a bit of '50s era stuff, but I'd sure like to have more from the '60s to help establish my timeframe. Oh, and also stuff that is more reasonably priced; when things get over $10-$12 apiece, I start to cringe. And the $20 stuff? It may be nice, but I can't afford to populate a layout with those!

And within reason, any media would be fine. I prefer plastic (easier to modify), but resin and metal would work nicely as well.

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Things I wish they sold were seeds to a tree that would grow coconuts with big wads of $100 bills inside!! I know thats not very realistic, all kidding aside...how bout a tree that produced 8-40CW's...its a wish aint it??

A floor that returns the parts I dropped.
Glue that doesn't stick to fingers and won't mar your finish.
Glue that holds when you need it but comes apart when you realized you mis-aligned a part. (Not the other way around)
A system that will actually let me FIND what I'm looking for WHEN I actually need it.

I would love to see more modern buildings and vehicles. It seems like alot of the stuff out there is from the 50's and 60's. Some companies make a few items that are modern, like the pikestuff buildings, and there are some modern vehicles from riverpoint and Boley, but the selection is far and few between. Summitcustoms makes some nice modern buildings like taco bell, shell gas stations, but there kits are about a hundred bucks, and IMO a pain in the ass to put together and paint. Kato makes some reeeaally nice modern buildings, but they are in N scale :(

How about a wider selection of motor vehicles from the ___________ (insert your era here)!

My choice would be the 1960's. I have quite a bit of '50s era stuff, but I'd sure like to have more from the '60s to help establish my timeframe. Oh, and also stuff that is more reasonably priced; when things get over $10-$12 apiece, I start to cringe. And the $20 stuff? It may be nice, but I can't afford to populate a layout with those!

And within reason, any media would be fine. I prefer plastic (easier to modify), but resin and metal would work nicely as well.

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Yes, I too want more 1960's American cars. I would also like to see a nice 1950's or 1960's Doo Wop style motel with all the neon and mid century modern architecture. if you don't know the style I'm referring to, just google "doo wop motel" or "doo wop wildwood" as Wildwood, NJ is famous for this style of motel. I'm certain any site on RT 66 history would also show suitable examples as well.

Regards,
Tom Stockton

How about 80's!!!
Although I have to admit that nothing of significance came from that period,
Ford trucks were terrible, Dodge really did nothing of note and Chev, well was Chev.
My townfolk are tired of driving 10 year and older vehicles!:rolleyes:

Rico tell them to quit squawking. My town people would consider a 10 year old vehicle a new car. ;) Most of them get around on piggyback with each other as the only mechanic in their town is always too drunk to fix their cars.

How about 80's!!!
Although I have to admit that nothing of significance came from that period,
Ford trucks were terrible, Dodge really did nothing of note and Chev, well was Chev.

HEY HEY now!! I am a product of the 80's...

You think you townsfolk are gettin pissed drivin 10 year old vehicles? Mine are almost dead from sitting at that same intersection for months n not even a traffic light there...haha

I would like to see alot more 80's and 90's style trucks, both semi's and pickups.
FYI - If you drive a chevy and you stop to fill up the tank...the truck just doubled in value...haha!!

Things I Wish They Sold More freight and Passinger car kits, again!!

Back