Things have really picked up but...

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
I'd like to ask our new members to consider inviting your friends to the forum. We can always use more quality members. Do you know someone from your club or online that you could talk to about registering? Many of you have already invited folks, for that I'm grateful.

I've got one personal friend that's a serious modeler that I'll be talking to. He doesn't post on any forum that I know of and may need a little "internet coaching" (talk about the blind leading the blind :D ) before he'd be comfortable registering. He's got 25 years of MR experience and is into signalling, sound and DCC. He's the kind of new member that would be a real asset.

We're members of what I consider to be the web's finest MR forum. It's a great resource for the hobby. I'd love to see it grow even more though. The key is you!

I am going to mention it to the LHS as well as some new coming model friends, as long as we don't get the what's your favorite railroad, who here models the Santa Fe etc. I sort of like to flow we have going, not so busy that you can't keep up, but busy enough to not be a ghost town forum.

I'll second that. Please invite your friends and fellow model railroaders. Also please consider registering if you haven't done so, and continue to post messages and photos. The more activity we have, the more folks will join in the discussions.

You might want to tell them two important things when you invite them...

1) The forum is free, no charge for registering, no monthly fees, no spam, and no pop-ups either.

2) They can come in and look around all they like BEFORE they register. You won't find any "please register to view this message" stuff here. Guests can view the entire forum before they sign up. If they like it, then they can join.

I also think we're one of the friendliest places on the web, but I may be a bit biiased on that one...

Thanks RT. I talked with my friend a little while ago. He's interested but it'll have to wait until next time we get together and run trains. He does want the check out run thru the forum.

Huh! you mean everyone else has MR friends? Gee I feel like lonesome polecat, maybe I need a shower! :D

13.gif
Willis

Bob, what about firing off an email to any inactive members? They might be more inclined to hang out with a crowd.

grande man said:
Bob, what about firing off an email to any inactive members? They might be more inclined to hang out with a crowd.

Let me think that one over. I really hate sending out anything even remotely resembling spam...

modelbob said:
Let me think that one over. I really hate sending out anything even remotely resembling spam...

Think of it as just an invitation back. I can see your point though.

If they signed up, then it's not unreasonable to expect a once-in-a-blue-moon update email from this place.

Spam is totally unsolicited, meaning the email is from someone you don't know from Adam about some topic you never showed any interest in ... or it's repeated emails from some place you were interested in, but they are constantly filling your inbox with nothing but hype.

The email we're discussing here would be neither.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a dumb blonde question ( I'm blonde, no offence intended ) Who's forum is this?
Cause it's blimmin good!!

Ken.

grande man said:
Think of it as just an invitation back. I can see your point though.

I think we should all put in some cash and get a billboard along a busy highway.

but i don't know how well people will see an HO billboard . lol :D j/k

but back to the real world .are we on any webring for modelrailroads

Last edited by a moderator:

Back