They're Baaaaaaccckkk.

I admit, I went back there to check out the new layout and even re-registered, but I don't think I'll be hanging around there much. This forums' layout is still better, and it's possible to have a decent conversation about something that interests me here. Over there it would generally get buried within minutes.

What "other" forum?

I barely have time to ooze:confused: through the posts on this forum!
The other place was too hard to find links to the questions asked as it seemed the threads got hijacked.
Oh, the simple life at MRF for this simpleton!

I'm still annoyed at the "Have to have a subscription to Trains for the weekly news report emails" crap! What a rip off, oh well...

Hey what did they do over the street, i can't get in, Mmmm i recon i'll stop here the coffee's better anyhow

Josh YES i agree with you on that one, my sub's ran out but i still get it from the news stand, maybe the guy at the shop will drop them a line saying i still buy the magazine, maybe then they will let me have the access i had before, if not, stuff em

at the moment i can't justify getting a subscription due to the financial strain i'm under, a few quid a month don't hurt the pocket as much as a full years subscription

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve B said:
Hey what did they do over the street, i can't get in, Mmmm i recon i'll stop here the coffee's better anyhow

Josh YES i agree with you on that one, my sub's ran out but i still get it from the news stand, maybe the guy at the shop will drop them a line saying i still buy the magazine, maybe then they will let me have the access i had before, if not, stuff em

at the moment i can't justify getting a subscription due to the financial strain i'm under, a few quid a month don't hurt the pocket as much as a full years subscription
Mhmmm, Same here. Knowing my current paycheck ends in under 60 days...

I believe the only benefit about being a subscriber is the availability of more reviews of items. Since they never give an objective review of any company that advertises in their publication or Walthers sells, which is almost everything made, a subscriber isn't getting much.

Just a thought
Harold

SpaceMouse said:
They pulled my Avatar....

catburgler.gif
This is the funniest thing I've seen in ages!!!

OF COURSE Bergie pulled it - they wouldn't want to take the risk of offending some limp noodled moron who doesn't believein the second amendment! Besides, it ain't nice to hold up Mr. Kitty like that!

Mind if I appropriate a copy and put it on my desktop at work (until some linguini-spined manager tells me to remove it, of course....)?

Josh and Steve, here is what is going on directly copied from across the street. Non-subscribers have exactly what they always had. The only "new" thing that non-subscribers don't get is the reviews that will be posted prior to the magazine being published. It a sneak preveiw, that's all.

Subscriber-only content includes:

Model Railroader: Product reviews will be accessible only by Model Railroader subscribers. The reviews will be posted prior to the magazine being shipped from the printer so you’ll see them before anyone else. Also, subscribers will be able to rate each product and leave feedback about the product (similar to many online retailer sites).

NON-MAGAZINE SUBSCRIBERS / REGISTERED USERS

If you’re not a magazine subscriber you’ll still have plenty to access at the new Trains.com. As in the past, the majority of our content doesn’t require registration.

Registered-users will receive:

Post questions in our reader forum.

Access to our Web cam.

Access to the Index of Magazines (a.k.a. Model Train Index).

Receive any of our four e-mail newsletters.

That's Registered Users of the forum, not Subscribers of the magazine!

Brunton said:
This is the funniest thing I've seen in ages!!!

OF COURSE Bergie pulled it - they wouldn't want to take the risk of offending some limp noodled moron who doesn't believein the second amendment! Besides, it ain't nice to hold up Mr. Kitty like that!

Mind if I appropriate a copy and put it on my desktop at work (until some linguini-spined manager tells me to remove it, of course....)?

Be my guest.

I dropped in over there too, there are people there now that I have never seen before, scads of them, and half seem to be trolls or flamers, I'm really sick of what is going on over there. Love that Kitty hold up, thats (I hate to use the word ) cute !

GAPPLEG said:
I dropped in over there too, there are people there now that I have never seen before, scads of them, and half seem to be trolls or flamers, I'm really sick of what is going on over there.
Yeah, the new characters are a bit shady. The layout is funky too. It'll take a while to get used to.

GAPPLEG said:
I dropped in over there too, there are people there now that I have never seen before, scads of them, and half seem to be trolls or flamers, I'm really sick of what is going on over there. Love that Kitty hold up, thats (I hate to use the word ) cute !

I noticed that, too. The place has turned into a busy mall where everyone is madly rushing past. I hope it will settle down and that I'll get used to the new feel.

-Crandell

I reregistered and poked around a little over there. The changes are more good than bad, I think. But as usual, whether or not it is worth the time depends on who is on at the time and the major threads.

Lady_Railfan said:
Who cares? They're there. We're here. Let's just let it go at that.
Well, I have to disagree completely. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone is "here". This place is as dead as a 7th Day Adventist church on Sunday.

GandyDancer said:
Well, I have to disagree completely. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone is "here". This place is as dead as a 7th Day Adventist church on Sunday.
Very true, the WPF has become sort of Unfun. Everyone spends so much time chatting in the coffee shop, but less time showing off modeling adventures. I have a partial excuse, my camera is borken, and my new one hasn't arrived yet.

I'm here too. Been a bit busy lately, that's all.

Summer is a slow time due to folks vacationing, gardening, etc.

Back