The Wrecking Crew - Birmingham, Al

Wish I could, but gee with the price of gas, well I just couldn't attend any of the functions
13.gif
Willis

CBCNSfan said:
Wish I could, but gee with the price of gas, well I just couldn't attend any of the functions
13.gif
Willis

Why not just fly in in your jet Willis? Or maybe you're referring to the price of jet fuel. ;)

The Wrecking Crew is a great group, they will be displaying their sectional layout at the NMRA SER convention Memphis 2006, Railin' on the River June 9-11 2006. The link to the convention is on the Memphis Society of Model Railroaders (another great group, if I do say so) web site www.msmr.name

Mike Fleming
President, Memphis Society of Model Railroaders
Chairman, NMRA SER convention, Memphis 2006, Railin' on the River

I thought that place looked familiar....

...Larry Smith invited me over there for a visit in the summer of 2003, when my family was on one of our bi-annual vacations at my sister-in-law's in Pell City. Great organization, if you can handle the NMRA membership requirement.

The Wrecking Crew is a great club with a great layout. They have wanted me to apply for membership, but I would have to drive about 60 miles every week and with the cost of gas... There sure is a bunch of fine fellows in that group with a couple of Master Modelers including Bob Beaty the SER NMRA President. Oh, yeah! Sorry CJ:eek: . CjCrescent is a long time member of that club.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on the WC.

We have been contacted by the McWane Center here in town, to display our layout on the main floor from the day after Thanksgiving to the day after new years! They are also giving us a good chunk of change for our trouble.

Since we lost our home at Westlake Mall in August, (it was sold to a new owner and boarded up), this is wonderful. The layout, (which has been in storage), was moved to the fourth floor at the center for repair and upgrading. After the holidays, the center has also donated a floor for our use, after the holidays for building a permanent layout. That is gonna be fun!!!

The McWane Center is an interactive science type museum complete with an IMax Theatre. We are now meeting on Saturdays there to work on the layout and will start planning the new permanent layout after Christmas/New Years.

Back