The Weekend Photo Thing! 2/2 - 2/4

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Hey, hey hey! Its the weekend already. The first weekend of retirement for Paul...... So lets get started and show all the stuff you've been working on this week.

I had the NCE decoders arrive and replaced the Botchman Cheapo with one that works better. Here she is testing out the decoder replacement:

499NewDecoder01w.png

She's ready to use in revenue service and is going to be good competition for NYC 999 on those straightaways.

4-4-0No4991w.png

I also have been at work finishing the main building for Guy's Gas. I didn't want to use the paper metal roofing that came with the kit, so I tried making a cedar shake roof. That looked way to thick for scale and I couldn't cut it much thiner, so I ripped it off ruining the cardboard roof on one side in the process. So I used scale lumber to put a "real" underlayment on it and made up some Tarpaper Roofing on the computer. Came out much better.

GuysGas06w.png

GuysGas07w.png

Lastly I added some big signs on the roof (they come with the kit). The sign is decaled with decals I made up with Micro-Mark paper.

GuysGas08w.png

I also scratch built a couple of crossbucks for the road into Cooley's Ice House.

CrossingSigns1w.png

CrossingSigns2w.png

Nice Ray--I was serious when I told you I swap you NCE's for that sound chip. I have an old MDC kit 4-6-0 painted in Hogwart's colors I wanted to fix up with sound for open houses at the club. Kids love the Hogwart's Express. Don't want to do it bad enough to invest a lot of money. I have a bunch of decoders I traded for vitamins. Oh, well.

That gas station turned out nice. That a Jordan car back there?

Nice Ray--I was serious when I told you I swap you NCE's for that sound chip. I have an old MDC kit 4-6-0 painted in Hogwart's colors I wanted to fix up with sound for open houses at the club. Kids love the Hogwart's Express. Don't want to do it bad enough to invest a lot of money. I have a bunch of decoders I traded for vitamins. Oh, well.

That gas station turned out nice. That a Jordan car back there?

Hey Chip, I would be glad to send it your way, but it's not with sound. Just a cheapo 2 function decoder. You can set the address and that is about it... Don't think it's what you are looking for.;) :rolleyes: :D Yep there are 2 Jordan vehicles in that photo. A Model T postal truck and a Model A (musta been an early pre-release by Ford for 1925.... The John Deere is an Athearn.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

Hey Chip, I would be glad to send it your way, but it's not with sound. Just a cheapo 2 function decoder. You can set the address and that is about it...

Then I got a hot tip for you. NCE is offereing an "no questions asked" decoder exchange. If you have any burn, fried decoder, made by anyone, they will send you a new NCE for $10 plus $2 shipping per order (5 decoders $2). I've got 2 brand new MRC POS's that trainworld recommend I put in my new Protos that I'm going to send in. I already sent in a fried N scale NCE.

Great work Ray, that's a neat little building.

Today we went to a very foggy Blackpool and bought a few new things, we got this truck and trailor set complete with a Liebherr loading shovel for Robert
P2030053.jpg

and we got this material handeler for Matthew
P2030056.jpg

Not done much this week, but I did get my crane painted.

226781778.gif

I also got round to fitting window frames, glazing and gutters on the signal box. I'm thinking of fitting roof windows to let some light in. cant imagine its going to match any prototype then though.

227630851.gif

John

new power

:D Went and bought new switcher proto 2000 sw800/9 with sound :cool: Me like sound now alot:( need more sound

:D Went and bought new switcher proto 2000 sw800/9 with sound :cool: Me like sound now alot:( need more sound

Nice work guys, Radar if you have trouble with it stopping on turnouts you can get wheel sets without traction tyres from Walthers, I changed both my PK2 switchers and they run great now.

Ken.

Radar Once you get the sound bug,,, you can't get rid of it

John The conservatory railroad is looking great now

enjoying pictures!

as usual great pictures and stories about them!
Last week I wasn't very busy with mrr but I had to draw something from Jeff's designed layout ...It is the part just before the bridge over the Willamette.
It is not 3d but it is a picture!

Jos

Thanks Ken!
Oooow, wish I could, if only couuuuld, I shurely wouuuld( he he,Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel did say that too, long agoo......

Here's a couple pics of an engine I havn't had out in a few years. It still ran ok, which was nice. Both engines are super detailed Athearn's. They both still have Athearn drives even!

CP 5742 is one of two SD40-2's painted in the Expessway scheme to promote CP rails expressway shipping system. Basically a Piggy back service on cushioned cars that allowed any highway trailler to travel by rail without damaging the trailler or contents. It used to run through my home town of Windsor, but doesn't anymore. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a couple pics of an engine I havn't had out in a few years. It still ran ok, which was nice. Both engines are super detailed Athearn's. They both still have Athearn drives even!

CP 5742 is one of two SD40-2's painted in the Expessway scheme to promote CP rails expressway shipping system. Basically a Piggy back service on cushioned cars that allowed any highway trailler to travel by rail with damaging the trailler or contents. It used to run through my home town of Windsor, but doesn't anymore. :(
That looks so real.

Then I got a hot tip for you. NCE is offereing an "no questions asked" decoder exchange. If you have any burn, fried decoder, made by anyone, they will send you a new NCE for $10 plus $2 shipping per order (5 decoders $2). I've got 2 brand new MRC POS's that trainworld recommend I put in my new Protos that I'm going to send in. I already sent in a fried N scale NCE.

Chip--got any more details on that? Website, address, specifics?

A quick Google brings up this page. Click "customer service" then check the left hand side.

http://www.ncedcc.com/ncetest/nce2.htm

Back