the start of my BNSF collection..many pics

vipers

hello all..... i just thought id show what ive been spending HOURS and HOURS working on...lol...... i dont have a layout yet.. i want to build my fleet up first and detail each one before building the layout......

here are many pics of my projects..... none are completely finished yet... i plan to model current bnsf fleet operations...so the old santa fe's are rustbuckets:) lol...

1st.... bnsf #6867 sd40-2(athearn BB) still needs light weathering and dullcoat, nubers added to front numberboards

trainstuff002.png

trainstuff010.png

trainstuff005.png

trainstuff007.png

2nd... santa fe #5022 sd40-2 (athearn rtr) still needs bnsf patch, clean up weathering a bit

trainstuff012.png

trainstuff011.png

trainstuff013.png

trainstuff018.png

trainstuff019.png

trainstuff020.png

Hi Vipers, i think those look great, and the weathering on the SF unit looks GREAT!! :D

What did you use to weather it? And what did you use to paint the insides of the wheels on the BNSF 40-2? Those look good too, and i wanna do that to all my locos sometime lol

hahahahaha... yeah, unfortunatly, my daughter dropped it last night, and bent the snow plow and broke off the ditch light, aslo broke the front handrail.. all will be fixed today.....

i wasnt done adding pics, but i didnt know the mods had to review my thread before posting it.. so here are a few more.......

3rd.... BNSF #7835 sd40-2 (athearn old rtr) still needs very light weathering

trainstuff021.png

trainstuff023.png

trainstuff024.png

trainstuff025.png

trainstuff027.png

4th... bnsf #8284 (athearn genesis) still needs, finish super detailing, add handrails, medium weathering and dullcoat

trainstuff036.png

trainstuff035.png

trainstuff034.png

trainstuff029.png

trainstuff033.png

5th... santa fe #3806 gp40x (athearn rtr) still needs, clean up weathering (snow plow too rusted), and bnsf patch

trainstuff040.png

trainstuff041.png

trainstuff042.png

trainstuff043.png

and here is a few pics of all of them...plus my athearn rtr bnsf ac4400 that im in the process of detailing, and my athearn genesis bnsf sd75m that i have a superdetail kit for, but havnt started it yet...

trainstuff045.png

trainstuff047.png

Hi Vipers, i think those look great, and the weathering on the SF unit looks GREAT!! :D

What did you use to weather it? And what did you use to paint the insides of the wheels on the BNSF 40-2? Those look good too, and i wanna do that to all my locos sometime lol

thanks alot!! ive been keeping up on your super fleet.. i envy you!! hahaha.. alot of locos i really want!!

as for the weathering.... it was literally my first time trying it..

i used...........

chalks (grimy black, medium rust, and dark earth)

paints ( model masters rust, grimy black, and green drab)

as for the wheels.... yeah, i notice its a detail most people have overlooked, but every loco i see has pure rust wheels.. i used model masters rust, and just painted them... i think it turned out great:)

Nice locos, great start to the upcoming empire!
BTW: is that Swamp Thing hiding under the table??

thanks guys...... ive only been back into it for 2 months....so alot more time to go:) not to mention im only 27... so im still young:)

and those are 12" spawn action figures down there

thanks alot!! ive been keeping up on your super fleet.. i envy you!! hahaha.. alot of locos i really want!!

as for the weathering.... it was literally my first time trying it..

i used...........

chalks (grimy black, medium rust, and dark earth)

paints ( model masters rust, grimy black, and green drab)

as for the wheels.... yeah, i notice its a detail most people have overlooked, but every loco i see has pure rust wheels.. i used model masters rust, and just painted them... i think it turned out great:)

You got a nice fleet going there!! Thanks for the comments on my locos :D Mine need alot or work yet, and they all need to be weathered and most of them need to be super detailed lol

I like your weathering alot :D

Back