The SEI is now operational

After 2 months of screwing around I have finally completed my benchwork, laid the track, and have everything wired up to run! Now I can work on my scenery. As soon as I figure out how to post pics I will post them.

I finally have completed the basics of my 3x8 layout and can run operations. I have created a fictional railroad based in the area of Iowa where I live. I hope to post pics soon as I fgure out how to.

The Southeast Iowa RR (or SEI for short) is a shortline providing service to 3 towns (Rockdale, Big Valley, and Jasper City, all fictional). The idea for the railroad came when several business owners complained about the cost of shipping due to gas prices. A group of guys decided that if they were able to use the old railroad tracks linking the towns they could provide shipping service to the businesses at a lower cost. Business owners in all three areas loved the idea and the SEI was born.

SEI currently has an old F7 loco for now but plans on getting a newer model soon. There is also a planned expansion to 2 more towns as soon as funds become available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently 3x8 but hope to expand to add another 3x8 section. I placed a post with more details in the general discussion area.

Back