The Scenic Factory now open

Complete trees are pricey, they are there for those who want a diorama quality tree without building it. I prefer to sell kits or the separate parts, all pricing includes shipping which is pricey in itself.
These are definietely foreground trees.

Thy are absolutely beautiful and foreground trees without a doubt. Not too practical if you have to add a pine forrest. Don't want my model railroad to go bankrupt. The trees in the enclosed pictures cost me about a dollar to make. The armatures are sagebrush I get for nothing locally and then a little bit of Woodland Scenice foam is all I have to add.

Attachments

• IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 245
Last edited by a moderator:
Montanan, just looked at the web site and have to agree, the price is way outside my range. I love your photo, those trees look brillant so life like, at first glance it's hard to tell it's only a model railway.

Monegeetta, as you can tell by the website most items are aimed at the 1/35 scale military modeler, my reason for posting on this forum is because my roots started in model railroading and I always tried to make to make the most realistic pine trees, I tried with plumosa thru the years (also called air fern, asparagas fern) with unsaisfactory results because it would dry out, change color, and fall apart, it took a long time to finally be able to preserve it, so for those who would like to use it instead of caspia I offer it, as well as ground cover, ground foam just doesn't fit in a larger diorama.
I agree model railroads take alot of trees and scenery, and to use these types of trees for anything other then a specimen/foreground tree is not practical for most, and as I told Montanan I prefer not to sell complete trees, as you can guess it takes a long time to build one and alot to package and ship one, but I wanted to offer the plain preserved plumosa for those who may have their own trunks and would like to build their own tree, you just can't beat the look of a pine tree made with plumosa,
Thanks for the post

Back