The Power of the Internet!

I was goofing off and looking for information on wikipedia when I came across their railroad section which listed all of the shortline railroads in Iowa (where I live). I was able to find the local railroad and a list of all the companies they service in my town. I am now going to pick out 3-5 of them and build a "modified" verison of my town. I also know people who work at these companies so I can get info on what the trains deliver and ship out. I am so excited since I was kind of stuck on what industries to build.

There's a ton of stuff on Wikepedia, how do they get the time to add all this info, amazing realy when you look back just ten years there was not much like it

How true!! However, from what I hear anyone can ad to Wikepedia so if that is so it can help but may also not be solid information. As I said I dont know this for sure but is what I hear.

How true!! However, from what I hear anyone can ad to Wikepedia so if that is so it can help but may also not be solid information. As I said I dont know this for sure but is what I hear.

Yup, anybody can add to or edit articles on Wikipedia, which is why it is widely banned in schools and colleges. However, from my own experience, it is surprisingly accurate.

Such a GREAT source of information, but I've found plenty of article with LARGE errors, and just about every one with a small error.

Like anything else, Wiki shouldn't be taken as *THE* informative source. For a quick shot of info, it's good. But, I wouldn't hang my hat on every little thing the article has to say.

Interestingly enough, the Layout Design SIG has it's own Wiki. They've been getting a few members to contribute. This is such a niche topic, given the general gist of what's said here, you wonder if non-MR folks who stumble onto it would be skeptical of what's in it. But, for those of us who are familiar with the SIG, the info there should be pretty accurate.

Kennedy

Back