The MR forum's back up!

Well, I for one will be hanging here as home base, but will be romping around at MR. And I agree, a small statement would be nice.

So?

So?

This message by itself was too short, so I had to add something else to it. Since I'm here now, and I like this place, why would I want to go back? I will still check out the other forum, because I know that a lot of folks did not get over to this one. After learning about this forum and getting used to it, though, it will be much harder for me to spend much time on that other forum. I think this forum will command much more of my attention due to the fact that I like the layout (no pun intended) better now that I am used to it. I also like many of the features here that were not available on the other one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
20.gif
well as with most members here, myself included, most patronise more than one forum, and prefer one forum more than all the others for reasons of our own :D. Each site has it's plus's and negatives so members feel more comfortable at certain sites than others. There is no problem with that, it is just a matter of personal choice. If a person feels more comfortable at the MR or another site that's OK, but when you have a little time, please drop around and say hello, the welcome matt is always out. I must say it sure has been an interesting weekend, and thank you, everyone for your participation here at ModelRailroadForums.
To those who wish to make this forum their prefered site a most hearty welcome aboard. There are many bells and whistles here that may take you a little while to get used to. Feel free to open a photo gallery at http://www.modelrailroadphotos.com/ it is on a different server so you will have to sign in. I'm not sure if you have to wait for a conformation email message but it's worth the wait.
Our sister forums are also on seperate servers and are good source of Prototype information for your modeling projects http://www.steampreservation.com/forum/index.php and http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/index.php
Help is always available for the asking, but sometimes you have to wait a bit for an answer. So if you need information just start a thread asking a question about information you require. Y'All have a great day
icon14.gif

I have been a member of this site for a while, although I frequent the MR site more often because it is easier for me to navigate. I enjoy the discussions on both sites, and a few others that I belong to.

Not being a frequent participant on this site, it was heart-warming to see the welcome extended to the 'refugees'. The people involved with trains in any fashion are a great group of people and always willing to lend a hand. I'm proud to be a part of that, even with my limited participation.

Hopefully, many who have been welcomed here will choose to make this a regular part of their modeling experience. This forum is a great place to ask questions and learn, as are many other sites, and this forum will benefit by the greater participation of our 'new' members. You don't have to choose one over the other; both forums draw on knowledgable and experienced modelers and offer a lot of wisdom and just good plain fun.

I know I will spend more time on this forum. I might even learn how to navigate it and use some of the features it offers. There's probably a lot of features I'm not even aware of yet!

A big thank you to all the modelers out there who make this hobby so enjoyable!

Darrell, thankfully quiet...for now

Thanks, CBCNSfan. I will be going back to the MR forum some, but I feel more comfortable here, everybody seems to get a long. I think this is a great forum. I think I have found a new home.

Stan.

I thinks i'll visit both forums, both have there place with me, i got an e-mail from Bergie at MR but it was very short and sweet, not what i would expect but maybe they will post something better

Steve B said:
I thinks i'll visit both forums, both have there place with me, i got an e-mail from Bergie at MR but it was very short and sweet, not what i would expect but maybe they will post something better

Steve,

I'd love to know what Berggie said, if you feel you wouldnt mind sharing it either privately or puiblicly, if you feel that would not be appropriate I can understand and respect that as well Sir.

I think, like most of the other threads I've read, that I'll definitely stay on this forum. For one, it's a lot quicker than the MR forum, and seems a lot more diversified. Oh, I'll still use the MR forum, but even though I've only been here since Saturday, I really LIKE this place. And as someone else said, it's got a lot more bells and whistles, LOL!
Tom

TWhite said:
I think, like most of the other threads I've read, that I'll definitely stay on this forum. For one, it's a lot quicker than the MR forum, and seems a lot more diversified. Oh, I'll still use the MR forum, but even though I've only been here since Saturday, I really LIKE this place. And as someone else said, it's got a lot more bells and whistles, LOL!
Tom

...and it seems MUCH friendlier!

CSX_road_slug said:
...and it seems MUCH friendlier!

Tom/Ken, I agree with you guys. This is a very nicely layed out forum with what seems to be a friendlier bunch. Although I will visit MR mag's forum some, I plan on hanging here for awhile...that is if the members are open to that. I just hope none of the that mess has followed any of us over here.

REX

RexHea said:
...I plan on hanging here for awhile...that is if the members are open to that.

Sounds good to me! I'm definitely open to anyone who identifies himself with a Southern shield. ;)

RexHea said:
Tom/Ken, I agree with you guys. This is a very nicely layed out forum with what seems to be a friendlier bunch. Although I will visit MR mag's forum some, I plan on hanging here for awhile...that is if the members are open to that. I just hope none of the that mess has followed any of us over here.

REX

You'll be an asset here, Rex! Now, shouldn't you be busy working on that virtual tour of your RR? :D

And there's no talk about this forum being shut down, as the other one was by the doms day prophets :mad: never mind, I think that as long as I've got my teachers stuffing me up at Uni, I'll have plenty of spare time, so just tell me to be quiet if I jabber to much :eek:

RexHea said:
... Although I will visit MR mag's forum some, I plan on hanging here for awhile... I just hope none of that mess has followed any of us over here.
Rex, I don't think that's as big of a worry here as it is on the Kalmbach forum. There are more moderators here, and they appear to be "part of the gang" - not isolated in a tower somewhere.

Back